• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nick205

Which Bike Tbs And Engine Management For 1.9 8V

nick205

Hi All,

Planning ahead on my project, I want to run my 1.9 8v engine on TBs on a budget. I'm thinking bike TBs and maybe a fabricated inlet manifold along with an aftermarket engine management system.

What route have others taken in terms of components and setup and achieved good results?

Thanks,

Nick

Kane

I haven't done this myself but from what I have read on here bike TB's can be a PITA to set up, a lot of people recommend just saving up the extra money and going with something like jenvey. I believe Colin Satchell (eeyore on here) can provide the fabricated bits needed for this setup, may be worth sending him or Sandy Brown a PM to get some advice.

welshpug

Bike bodies are no harder at all to set up than jenveys, higher quality too.

What is important is a good solid mounting to the manifold, and a properly designed throttle quadrant.

Kane

Ok I stand corrected. I must have misread

nick205

Bike bodies are no harder at all to set up than jenveys, higher quality too.

What is important is a good solid mounting to the manifold, and a properly designed throttle quadrant.

That's my experience in the kit car world where they're well used on all manner of engines. Just I have no idea which would match well with the 1.9 8v in standard tune.

allanallen

You haven't misread, it's just that people's opinions have changed on them since Satchell started producing a decent bike body set-up

dcc

These are what you need on an 8v!

1468774_10100312146559827_883182445_n.jp

Miles

For resale value and ease of set up then the Jenvey ones are the best to use, Plus spares, trumpet lengths all of the shelf which is another thing to think about. Bike bodies well any TB's operation is dead simple as long as its set up well.

ECU wise the choice is huge, I use Omex as my mapper lives 10 minutes from me and have a good network of support again

nick205

For resale value and ease of set up then the Jenvey ones are the best to use, Plus spares, trumpet lengths all of the shelf which is another thing to think about. Bike bodies well any TB's operation is dead simple as long as its set up well.

ECU wise the choice is huge, I use Omex as my mapper lives 10 minutes from me and have a good network of support again

Miles,

Just spotted your close to me!

Who do you use for mapping?

309jazzpanda

if you mean bike injection throttle bodies, then go for it most of the rally people use them and I don't just mean 205's. They are a great budget throttle body but as Mei said its about getting them mounted correctly

Miles

It will be a new place all being well, Cannot say anymore I'm afraid for various reason's. But he is very well regarded in this area and knows ECU internally too

nick205

OK, I'm a way off that stage just now anyway, body restoration first!

unariciflocos

2000-2002 GSX-R 750 are the bodies you want. 50mm inlet that tapers down to 42 mm on the inlet manifold side. Can be individually spaced apart to match a DCOE manifold. Got a set from the states with injectors and TPS for 40 USD plus shipping, made the manifold and adaptor flanges myself and voila, bodies for under 100 GBP.

• Like 1

ftoomsh

2000-2002 GSX-R 750 are the bodies you want. 50mm inlet that tapers down to 42 mm on the inlet manifold side. Can be individually spaced apart to match a DCOE manifold. Got a set from the states with injectors and TPS for 40 USD plus shipping, made the manifold and adaptor flanges myself and voila, bodies for under 100 GBP.

I am doing this also by cutting down a standard inlet manifold but using gsxr 1000 k1 bodies. Not sure on the difference from gsxr 750 but internal measurements are identical. . Will be using omex 500 and just received a new loom from them with air and coolant temp sensors a coil pack adaptor to run taco and a shift light ... looks extremely well built and they also added the tps plug for the bike bodies tps so no need to faff around.....only £320 too!

unariciflocos

The bodies will be identical between the 750 and 1000, it's just that only the early ones can be individually spaced apart.

Being the cheap bastard that I am, I combed a wiring loom from a scrap yard and then used the wires to make my own wiring loom, so mine was considerably cheaper :D.

Good luck with the project.