• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rams_gti6

Car Written Off!

TooMany2cvs

and I've also changed the shape and position of the sign based on the night time picture.

Oops2_zps5196a6fc.jpg

The "EXIT" tombstone is clearly on the outside of the banner in both of James' pics, though.

speno

Why Don't James take a picture as the diagram above kindly produced GLP and that would show things a lot better , I'm pretty sure that would solve all the guess work

or some one can pay me to go up in my A3 and take pics ha ha

• Like 1

mowflow

I used to work as a professional photoshop retoucher doing a lot of compositing of images. Taking perspective into account I would say GLPs mock up is pretty accurate in terms of scale.

Yeah I know I realised that I've already admitted fault my insurance company are dealing with it it as far as the advertising board goes it's position is not within regulations therefore the reason why I had the accident was because I didn't see the on coming car due to the sign. As for seeing the headlights shining on the road, I didn't look but then again who does, if you look and see no headlights you never stop and think to look for them if it looks an empty stretch of road

All of it is irrelevant anyway as the above statement is in the public domain. Should the petrol station owner, the insurance company, police or anyone else for that matter do a search with any key words such as "accident" "Audi A3" "Jet petrol station" they will stumble across this thread and the above comment could haunt you. I dare say that if the ambulance chasers you have charged with pursuing the case on your behalf knew about this they wouldn't give you the time of day.

Harsh perhaps but as someone who has to insure 3 cars I am sick of premiums constantly going north because of all the compensation, injury, emotional trauma claims that get attached to every single accident. You have done well, you had no financial loss, I am genuily pleased to know that neither you,your wife nor you unborn (at the time) child were hurt in any lasting way. If anything I would say you have done very well so far upgrading your car into the bargain. I just don't understand the blame culture.

Edited by mowflow
  • Like 3

Mac Crash

Yip, isn't insurance just a ticket to go mental anyway? "feck you, I'm insured!" there has to be something better, doesn't there?

• Like 1