• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
IOWGENTRY

Advice Please Water In Throttle Body?

IOWGENTRY

Hi

Please not let this be as bad as I think it is!!!

I recently brought a RARE 205 GTI Automatic 1.9, I brought it as a non runner and got it home on a flat bed.....

Anyway I was told it didn't hold water.... so I started digging to find any possible pipes leaking.

I noticed when I brought it that it has a new radiator and airflow meter pipes.

I took the airflow meter and pipes off today a discovered a couple of things that worry me. I found water was coming out of the front airflow meter pipe that goes in to the throttle body.... Can someone please tell me what causes this and what's wrong with my car :(

And the automatic gearbox cooler with the two pipes on the round body part didn't have any pipes on it what so ever????? There was also and electrical plug dangling near the gearbox cooler that wasn't plugged in and didn't appear to lead anywhere, just loose dangling doing not alot!!!!!

Thanks Phill

Miles

Sounds like the normal repair job to me, Water I bet that someone has stuck the water pipes on the oil breather part, Have a search for water pipes and you will find the routing, the gearbox thou again I bet it leaked so they fitted a normal GTi top hose, just get a replacement Auto top hose, All the same on the 205

IOWGENTRY

Hope its that simple Miles.....could you send me a link, I think I have it but it wont let me paste it on here so cant check!!!!

Edited by IOWGENTRY