• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Schumi

Wall Thickness - Overbore

Schumi

I'm trying to figure out is 88mm possible on a block with open deck. If I use 88 bore pistons then cylinder to cylinder wall thickness will be 5mm and sleeve thickness 5mm again. Block originally 86 bore and and sleeve wall thickness is 6. Bore spacing 93 mm and with OEM 86 bore cylinder to cylinder wall thickness 7mm.

The block member of EW familiy and bore space identical to XU but just open deck.

86 bore

0l6dW8q.jpg

88 bore

Vfk2rj3.jpg

B1ack_Mi16

I couldn't see why not as long as the 4 liners are cast in 1 piece.

Would have been more of a problem with separate liners.

Schumi

Its one piece design ofcourse. Thats not my block but almost same. This one is 85 bore. Photo from Sandy's "Embrace The Ew!" thread.

TD12.jpg

welshpug

I'm sure Sandy could answer for you, that is if he hasn't already said in the Embrace the EW thread.

Schumi

I already send a PM to Sandy but I think he is very busy at the moment. And JE waiting answer from me. :)

B1ack_Mi16

Be brave, try it and see :)

• Like 1

Schumi

I'm brave enough and actually I really really want to try. :) Also it will be square 88x88. :) My problem is my block (EW12 long) very very rare. I'm looking over 2 years and only this one I can find in my country. :) If I have spare one I can even try 92x88 :)