• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

205 Gti Interior Uprades?

Karl

now then guys its been a while!

just wondering what upgrades are possible for the 205 gti I currently have a phase 1 and tbh the interior sucks <_<

is it possible to do a straight swap from a ph1 to a ph2 ?

are there other options without bodging or a ridiculuous amount of modifying?

has anyone got a complete interior in good condition for sale?

any creative input or suggestions welcome :)

thanks in advance guys

DC2T

ive seen them with vtr/s dashes before but duno whats involved in making them fit. im fitting an ITR dash in mine

acox99

If you want a ph1.5/2 dash buy another car surely.

Edp

agree with above, surely buy a phase 1.5/2 car?

phase 1 cars are becoming rare nowadays.

calvinhorse

The dash would require a change of the full wiring loom

Karl

id rather not buy another car mine has a gti6 conversion aswell and is in almost immaculate condition baring sum rust on the front drivers side wing so buying a new car isn't an option so if I where to swap from a ph 1 interior to a ph 2 id have to modify the loom ?? why would I have to do that :wacko:

Karl

that show car interior must weigh a ton lol id rather keep my car to an oe standard with subtle modifications ;) but thanks anywyay

DamirGTI

if I where to swap from a ph 1 interior to a ph 2 id have to modify the loom ?? why would I have to do that :wacko:

Ph1 dash loom connectors wont fit on Ph2 dash switches - fog light switch , demister , hazards etc.. also the cabin cooling/heating illumination is different layout as is the potentiometer all in one connector , rather than separate wiring with single bulbs on the Ph1 .. plus the Ph1 loom is too short so if opted for rewiring to suite the Ph2 you'll need to extend it and will need to add/solder required connectors for Ph2 switches .

I did this years ago cos my Ph1 dash was all cracked and with missing bits and pieces which i was unable to find to pile it all together so i opted for a Ph2 dash conversion ...

You'll need complete Ph2 (or Ph1.5 same thing just the colour shade difference) dash , Ph2 heater box (can't fit Ph2 cooling/heating control knob system on Ph1 heater box..) and Ph2 dash wiring loom with connectors and switches (i did the rewiring from Ph1 to Ph2 cos i didn't have complete loom just connectors , it wasn't hard job an quick blast trough wiring diagram and some wiring soldering did the trick but having complete uncut Ph2 loom makes it plug and play option without the need for rewiring soldering etc.)

D

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

If you're serious about this I have a phase 1.5 In bits we can swop over.