• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugfrank

Found These Wires?

pugfrank

So while I have been digging around looking at my SAD wiring, I have found some unconnected wires. First ones are these:

wires3_zpsd04301a6.jpg

Am I right in assuming they are the reverse light wires? (Brown and purple wires) shall I just join them up??

Edited by pugfrank

pugfrank

Next I have found a little white wire that has no home, it is next to the wires if Im correct that disappear off to the coolant meter and coolant warning light sensors mounted into block, under distributor.

Any ideas? Oil temp sensor maybe? I have no oil temp reading on the dash.

wires1_zpsa09f8662.jpg

Edited by pugfrank

pugfrank

Then I found this which is I assume the male half of the dreaded brown multi plug?

And a second little plug with just two wires? the wire are light blue and white from memory I think, what are they?

How can the car be running with these plugs not connected to anything?

wires2_zps5b22351a.jpg

• Like 1

welshpug

Why would you join the reverse light switch wires together?

Plug could be the cooling fan test point, and the fan resistor plug for low speed.

The brown plugs dont have much to do with the running of the engine.

Edited by welshpug

pugfrank

Can anyone recommend a garage in the south that can help me out?? As I cant see with my very limited knowledge how I going to sort this mess out.

Anthony

Not a garage as such, but I can recommend a forum member that's just down the road from you and has extensive knowledge of 205's - his username on here is Taylorspug if you want to drop him a PM.

The white wire is almost certainly the oil temp wire, and is usually snapped or so brittle after years of exposure to heat from the exhaust manifold that it's liable to break.

welshpug

Dan does run a garage now ant :)

pugfrank

many thanks pm sent to Taylorspug

dcc

I am interested to know how it starts :D The starter wire is not plugged in :P

Seriously though, thats a very simple bit of wiring you have there, take your time and work your way from under the dash and you'll have it done in a few hours.

Anulfo

just replacing my brown multi plug and have 2 wires on the 'car side' of the connection that have disconnected and aren't going anywhere. they are terminal 6(yellow wire) and terminal 7(red wire)......where should they go to?

pug_ham

The plug you pictured is the infamous Brown multiplug, the cause of various problems quite often.

just replacing my brown multi plug and have 2 wires on the 'car side' of the connection that have disconnected and aren't going anywhere. they are terminal 6(yellow wire) and terminal 7(red wire)......where should they go to

These are for the Coolant Temp Light Switch & Coolant Temp gauge iirc & should run through to the under dash brown plugs.

g