• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NFS

Xu10 J2Te Cut Out And Not Starting

NFS

Hi guys, well i have fixed the issue,

firstly the wiring itself is okay, the issue was the double brown relay that controls the fuel. what was happing is the relay was staying close so there was no current gettting to the ecu to power the ignition amp. i replaced the relay and boom it started streight away, i did about 100 miles in it last night and its a trooper :)

pug_ham

firstly the wiring itself is okay

You think thats OK? :wacko:

Glad you finally fixed it but I'd be repairing the loom rather than just driving it as it is, you could be driving a fireball waiting to happen with a loom like that imo.

Spend £15 on a better multimeter with the beep function to speed up your investigation, sounds like you could need it.

g

NFS

You think thats OK? :wacko:

Glad you finally fixed it but I'd be repairing the loom rather than just driving it as it is, you could be driving a fireball waiting to happen with a loom like that imo.

Spend £15 on a better multimeter with the beep function to speed up your investigation, sounds like you could need it.

g

i meant okay as in its wasnt the problem, i agree i dont like the wiring loom i did my best to strip old casing of and repair any breaks or issue and re wrapped everything, it is much neater now. TBH there isnt any exposed wires now so i dont see why its a fireball waiting to happend.

TBH im not even sure i like the engine, and i might even put a 1.9 8v or mi/gti6 it. but for now i have tidyed the wires, fixed any breaks or exposed wires, so hopefully it will last me to the new year.