• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrMemzi

Another Fuel Pump Relay Question....

MrMemzi

Right. So took my engine out cleaned it up changed clutch. And exhaust manifold changed loads of weepy gaskets. And put her back in. Now the cars fuel pump wont work. Tested it with a wire straight to the fuel pump it worked. The wires are all intact. But theres no power getting to the fuse. Which is no14 I believe. Any suggestions?

welshpug

Got spark?

MrMemzi

Yep. Cant hear the fuel pump prime when u turn ignition on

Anthony

Have you accidentally pulled the power feed for the engine loom from the underbonnet shunt box (near the passenger headlight)? That is what supplies the fuel pump relay. On most 205 GTi's there should be three things plugged into the shunt box - the feed to the fusebox, the feed for the fan loom, and the feed for the engine loom.

Otherwise, do you have a multimeter to hand? If you do, it should be easy enough to locate the issue.

The tachymetric relay should be energised by both 12v on the starter solenoid wire (ie key turned to crank) and a pulse from the negative side of the coil. In theory it should prime with ignition on, but on many cars this doesn't happen (or only happens intermittently)

Fuel pump fuse is the blue 15amp one nearest the driver side of the car.

MrMemzi

I have 4 things plugged into it as far as Im aware. Ill get a photo up later u cant put the plugs in the wrong sockets can you?

Anthony

They're keyed, but if you force the plugs they will fit in the "wrong" holes on the shunt box.

Do you have a multimeter or not?

MrMemzi

My dad does. But personally ive never used one so have no idea how to use one.