• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
claypole1360

Xs Lives Again.

claypole1360

I bought my XS for £250 with the engine in bits. There was no wear in the bores but there was oil everywhere. It had blown a headgasket. Well we have fired it up after a new gasket and a rebuild on the head.

It purrs like a sweetie and I love the throttle response which is refreshing after the fly by wire delayed reaction of my moderns.

Now to rebuild the brakes and the mounts for the rear beam. Going to have to go standard to fit in the right class for sprinting and hilllclimbing.

Any advice is welcome.Calvin.

allye

Great to hear, I think I saw this on ebay, with the engine in bits in the boot?

If you have never driven one before you'll love, they are a absolute hoot, one of the lightest 205's ever, even better for smile factor is you still use the 13inchers. Carb rebuild kits are still available if yours needs a clean! :D

calvinhorse

Get some photos up!

claypole1360

Great to hear, I think I saw this on ebay, with the engine in bits in the boot?

If you have never driven one before you'll love, they are a absolute hoot, one of the lightest 205's ever, even better for smile factor is you still use the 13inchers. Carb rebuild kits are still available if yours needs a clean! :D

Yes, was near Reading, it has a ding in every panel (if you make a car out of tin foil.....) and a door that is a markedly different colour to the rest of the car :unsure: . I had been looking for another one in better nick, but they just don't come up often enough although there seems to be a glut of decent ones in Northern Ireland for some reason. So I have decided to rescue this one, as you say, another one on the road Allye.

Calvin

johniban

I know someone with a nice condition low millage xe for about 650 if you was looking for a cleaner one

• Like 1

claypole1360

Thanks John,

committed to restoring this one now, Calvin.(I probably need committing for taking it on.)

claypole1360

Hi Calvin,

having internet problems at home and can't access photobucket at work so pics will have to wait I'm afraid, as soon as I can I will.

Calvin.(feel like I'm talking to myself :lol: )