• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Owen205

205 Gti 3.0L V6 Conversion

Owen205

Hi guys just brought a Peugeot 205 gti 1.9.

The car is half way through a 3.0l v6 conversion, apperently the work which has been completed already on the car is:-

Driveshafts shortened

Engine in (needs wiring)

Pedal box in, not sure what its out of

Brakes working

Clutch is spongy and can only get reverse gear,

Can hear liquid being pumped through but not got any feeling if you know what I mean.

Sorry for wording

Had some paperwork come with the car with a lot of electrical wording and diagrams presumably for the loom. I'm thinking of just buying a new loom and starting fresh.

Not had a really good look underneath the car but seems pretty good only bit of rust is on the tailgate which is only minor.

Will hopefully get some pics on tomorrow and show you guys what its like,

Any help or suggestions of pictures I should take would be very grateful.

Thanks liam

Edited by Owen205

Miles

Get some pics up, looms are dead easy and get a Autodata wiring diag and non of this Haynes rubbish etc,

Clutch conversions are the most painfull part but not too difficult to get right, A D9 version helps as you can bleed it

Owen205

Ok cheers pal will get some pics up as soon as possible,

Will have a better look tomorrow when I got more time.

Jolly Green Monster

sounds interesting, look forward to the pics

Goliath

I think I saw this car on ebay, ummed and ah'd about buying it myself!

The pedal box is probably a 406 coupe item.

Have a look and see which clutch system you have, if it has a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder in the gearbox then it is a bleedable D9 system, if not then you should get one as the D8 system isn't bleedable. If you do have a D9 system then just keep bleeding it, it takes ages to get all the air out. If you do need to change to the D9 system then you will either need a D9 pedal box or modify the one that is there as the master cylinder is a different fitment but the slave cylinder is a straight swap.

The wiring isn't too hard, but I'm no whiz at wiring. If the previous owner has butchered the wiring then it could be a bit more tricky!

Owen205

Yes it was off eBay pal got it for £260 in the end :) glad you didn't go for it then ;)

And I will get a look today to see whether it is the d9 or the d8 box hopefully it is the d9 one ( fingers crossed )

allanallen

Bloody hell, £260?! Wish I'd of spied that :P

allye

Thats were the cheapness ends! Thats the price for a head timing belt kit! haha

Owen205

Haha I know yeah the only cosmetic part I need really though is a rear drivers side plastic arch bit as mine is abit cracked.

Other than that the rest is in great condition and all the other money is to be spent on mechanical parts :)

Owen205

Right guys got the pics just trying to sort out how to get them on here

welshpug

have you uploaded them onto a site like FlickR?

Jolly Green Monster

Like welshpug said or photobucket

Owen205

Let me know if the second one works please

welshpug

they work but using the mobile version of any site is a PITA if you want to post links.

Owen205

Cheers pal will use non mobile site in future then

Goliath

It looks a bit of a mess but at least the engine is in, some suggestions....

1, Get one of Paul's (thirdtimelucky) top engine mounts to make it look neater and get the engine sitting right.

2, The pedal box looks a right mish mash, if the bulkhead hasn't been completely destroyed I think the easiest thing would be to put the 205 pedal box back in and modify it to take the hydraulic clutch. In the pic the master cylinder doesn't look level, not sure what implications that could have. (the standard pedal box, servo and standard or V6 master cylinder fit fine in the standard position with a sight ovalling of the mounting holes).

3, The clutch pipe has been cut and modified, for the sake of £30 you might as well just buy a full D9 system, it really would be so much easier and neater.

4, To make the water piping neat you can use a golf VR6 rad, it is a bit bigger than the 205 one as well so helps with cooling but still fits in the front with the bumper and grille on.

Any pictures of the subframe?

allye

Does a 406 radiator not fit in a 205? That's what I'm using. A 205 radiator really, really is not up to the job of cooling one of these. Like really seriously change it. Mine gets hot in traffic with the much larger 406 item.

Goliath

No a 406 rad does not fit. Mine stays cool in traffic in 30 degree heat with the VR6 rad. Are you sure your cooling system is all up to scratch Allye? No air locks, furred up pipes and a working thermostat?

allye

Without trying to hijacking this thread too much!....

I think the cooling system is fine (although the two hoses from the thermostat area are rather bendy with a slight kink) it just the fan is not up to the job, the chap who built basically chopped up the standard fan and mounted that on the radiator with no cowling to direct air through the rad, rather just blows air around every where! Doesn't matter now as I', having a new rad made for the Clio engine :ph34r: (with x1 large ken lowe or similar + oil cooler)

Owen205

Thanks for the advice mate, I've got in touch with Paul but seems like he hasn't been on since July so that's a long shot but hope he gets back in touch.

Would you know where I could get the d9 system from?

I've already purchased the vr6 rad so glad we both agree on that :)

Not got any pictures of the subframe yet unfortunately

But I did pick up a full arch set for a sweet £10 in perfect condition so I'm happy with that all I have to focus on now is the engine getting all up and running properly

allye

If you track down Paul for a engine mount, put me down for one too!