• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

205 Gti Seat Trim Options

driversdomainuk

Hi All

I have noticed different 205's fitted with different seat trim designs. Mine for example is the 50% cream, thin red stripe, then 50% dark, whilst others have the small red squared look...

I need to know are these differences simply options you could select on the car, or were they related to different years/build periods?

Also was full leather a factor option for all?

Thanks

Rob

Slo

yours is phase 1.5 the black seats with red stripes are phase 2 i think full leathers were for limited editions (1fm etc)

also seats in anyone's car could have been changed at any point with previous owners

so no ones 100% guaranteed to have original seats lol (unless they bought it from new)

Edited by Slo
  • Like 1

driversdomainuk

yours is phase 1.5 the black seats with red stripes are phase 2 i think full leathers were for limited editions (1fm etc)

also seats in anyone's car could have been changed at any point with previous owners

so no ones 100% guaranteed to have original seats lol (unless they bought it from new)

thanks...when did phase 2 come in?

Slo

august 89 according ti the history article, the seat swivel is all connected with pressed rivets. when mine failed the mot i hammered one side of the rivets flat carefully and tack welded the other ends its nice and tight again now. which is more than can be said for the back rest lol not sure what you can do to tighten that up i've never looked into it

• Like 1