• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alfie

Vacuum Reservoir For The Sunroof.

Alfie

I'm sure some one can help me with this, I hope? I've repaired the leaky front o/s roof drain. Now I need to fix the roof seal, its not inflating. I've traced back the tube to the front bulkhead. On my car, it goes into a non working one way valve (I need a new one) and then straight into a take-off behind the brake servo. I have a spare reservoir, but where does it fit and why would the previous owner by-pass one straight to the seal? I could do with some advice and a scematic of any pipe routing. Any help greatly appreciated.

marksorrento205

Sits under the black plastic panel (under the wipers) on the n/s

Tom Fenton

You say that the seal is not inflating- it does not inflate with pressure, instead it sucks flat under vacuum and returns to its "rest" position when vacuum is not applied.

Alfie

Well Tom, it isn't working either way. So, if that's correct, and I believe you, then when the handle is pulled down in the car, the air in it is sucked out allowing the roof to slide yes? Then I suppose the tube that comes out down from the roof goes to the reservoir and back to the vacuum take-off by the brake servo, where in the line does the valve live please?

ORB

Near the Master Cylinder/Servo

Have you got it on the wrong way round?

Alfie

No ORB, tried that, I think! it blows thru' either way, shouldn't be like that should it? Tube from roof ends by servo and doesn't go anywhere near scuttle? I'll look tomorrow, see if there is a reservoir.

mrfirepro

Do these help??

from the servo tee the tube runs through the NRV to another tee where it splits, one to the reservoir and one to the sunroof. This is my best guess looking at the photos.

Alfie

Yes, cheers Paul. Finally worked that out today :blush: I think I just need another valve now :unsure: As I understand it, the valve must only work one way. Mine can be blown thru' either way. Does anyone on here have a working second hand one available please?