• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mowflow

Xsara Hdi Loss Of Power

mowflow

My wife has a Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi which lost power and started smoking on her way home tonight.

My initial thought was a turbo issue, most likely a cracked or disconnected pipe. However, when I got to the car it seemed more like it was misfiring. A bit of reading suggested the vacuum pump and sure enough if I pump the brake pedal until firm and keep my foot on it the car will rev as normal. Still lots of smoking going between white and black although hard to tell as it's pitch black and no street lights where it's parked up.

I disconnected the inlet to the pump and gave it a squirt with WD40 which seems to have improved thing a little, it's still doing the misfire sounding thing above a certain rev though so I'm wondering if their might be another issue like EGR valve or something. Anyone got any ideas?

mowflow

Update incase anyone ever has a similar problem. Turns out it was the vacuum pump as a new one has fixed it. It's worth checking all the hoses to this for disconnection, pinches or splits before replacing the part.