• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ASBGTi

Rev Counter Converter Help

ASBGTi

Evening all!

Bit of an update on this. I have found wire (or wires) 112 however, there are 2 wires labelled 112. One is 112b and the other 112c.

So, a wire comes in to the plug from the rest of the loom and out the other side comes the two 112 wires which go no where! They aren't connected to anything else. Picture below.

post-23950-0-21594800-1386352158_thumb.jpg

Is this right? If so, do I chase the wire through to the engine bay and connect the converter to it along with the other relevant wires?

Thanks everyone.

Miles

I'm sorry but with the wiring like that I wouldn't want to drive it far and the risk of something shorting out is quite high,

In theory one side of the rev counter adapter comes from the ECU but it won't be labeled 112 unless someones added a join for some reason (female plug), Then the output goes back into the male plug to the rev counter

ASBGTi

I'm sorry but with the wiring like that I wouldn't want to drive it far and the risk of something shorting out is quite high,

In theory one side of the rev counter adapter comes from the ECU but it won't be labeled 112 unless someones added a join for some reason (female plug), Then the output goes back into the male plug to the rev counter

Thanks for your input but It''s not as bad as it looks, I've pulled it all out to try and get this rev counter sorted.

I think perhaps you mis-understood, the 112 wires come out of the brown multiple plug but go know where (the two white looking wires that are at the front of the photo). So where should they go?

Shame you don't live local! Not coming to Manchester any time soon are you?