• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kenneth205xld

Drivers' Cars: 205 Other 1.8 D (1987) By Kenneth205Xld

kenneth205xld

Name: 205 Other 1.8 D (1987)

Date Added: 19 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Owner: kenneth205xld

Short Description: Purchased new in May 1987, total mileage now 500792 miles. Body repairs 2011 to 2012.

View Vehicle

jackherer
Purchased new in May 1987, total mileage now 500792 miles.

Wow, that's very impressive for any car let alone a 205!

What sort of maintenance has it needed during that time?

kenneth205xld

Apart from servicing, a few rear axles,re shim the tappets at about 290000 miles. The major engine work was carried out at 498000 miles including a rebore, new precombustion chambers, new standard size big end bearings, thrust washers, new rings and new exhaust valves. The crankshaft and camshaft were found to be in excellent condition. The oil pump was checked and was found to be in good condition only requiring a new chain. I used genuine gaskets only. This car has never missed an oil change which was done every 5000 miles using only good quality oils. How do I reduce the size of the photos so that I can post some up?

ablister

glad you've put pictures of your 205 fleet up, especially this one! :)

allye

To reduce the image size I simply use Paint, you choose to reduce the image size in percentage. I would be very interested in seeing some photos of this little beast!

Edited by allye

kenneth205xld

To reduce the image size I simply use Paint, you choose to reduce the image size in percentage. I would be very interested in seeing some photos of this little beast!

I managed to do reduce the size, pictures were posted this morning.

calvinhorse

Wow! That's incredible, beautiful and bloody cool!!! So clean

Sign in to follow this