• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
analog_addict

205 Choke Stuck All The Way Out

analog_addict

Hi,

Last night my 205 CJ had some problems with the choke. Once pulled out it became stuck. I managed to get it back in eventually but it eventually got stuck out again, Now it is stuck out and I definately can't get it back in. Any ideas on how to fix this? Have I buggered up the cable by pulling the choke out too far?

jonXS

Is it getting caught on the carb side?

lube it all up and give it a few tugs.... Excuse the pun lol.

also under the dash piece where the choke fits, check to see if the screws have come loose. Recently had to do this on my xs as the choke got a bit stiff

hope that helps

jon

farmer

Sounds like a new cable may be required ?

N3VRAM

Is it getting caught on the carb side?

lube it all up and give it a few tugs.... Excuse the pun lol.

also under the dash piece where the choke fits, check to see if the screws have come loose. Recently had to do this on my xs as the choke got a bit stiff

hope that helps

jon

I'd try this before replacing the cable as i had problems with the lever and the screws at the back too.

analog_addict

I managed to fix it. The linkage at the end of the choke cable was a bit loose. Gave the cable a tug at the carb end and pin at the top came out. Put the pin back in the linkage and tightened the bolt. It's all smooth now but the bolt (which looks unoriginal and has two washers under it) appears to work loose as I move the choke in and out. It's a 1.6 Citereon AX engine.

This is part I'm talking about is pictured below. Not sure of the correct name for the parts. Not my engine btw.

P1020309.jpg​

N3VRAM

You mean a 1.4? I don't think they made a 1.6 ax?

analog_addict

You mean a 1.4? I don't think they made a 1.6 ax?

Yeah 1.4. Sorry typo.