• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Carparts For Less Vs Euro Car Parts

kyepan

Are the same company, except car parts for less sells at about 60% of the price of euros.

Fuel filter on euros - 20

Fuel filter on CPFL - 12

Cheers

J

Tom Fenton

True, BUT, CP4L use (or did use anyway) the most useless courier company in the UK, YODEL. If you want your parts in a weeks time, and don't mind driving 15 miles to the nearest depot, they are OK.

Fuel filter from my local factors is about £12 and I can have one in the next 30 mins if I wish.

kyepan

not YODEL!!! nOOOoooOoOoooooo... Luckily it's going to an easy to find work address.

I actually bought some bike bits (including a frame) from somewhere that uses yodel, had a total nightmare, they left it un attended outside my london flat... ! got on the phone to the company and managed to persuade them to change and not use yodel..

Had the same previously, got in touch, and they had already stopped using them.

Bad couriers are counterproductive to business.

welshpug

Yup, both use yodel.

Thankfully i can get stuff delivered to work, which eases the pain of the green vans.

Sometimes useful for the significant discounts if you plan ahead, but a friend recently had a 10 week wait for a part that was on the shelf, not a one off issue it seems either.

welshpug

Thankfully all the bike parts i buy come from the LBS, or via royal mail.

Edited by welshpug

kyepan

True, BUT, CP4L use (or did use anyway) the most useless courier company in the UK, YODEL. If you want your parts in a weeks time, and don't mind driving 15 miles to the nearest depot, they are OK.

Fuel filter from my local factors is about £12 and I can have one in the next 30 mins if I wish.

i wish i had a cheap factors local, but i've failed to find anyone except euros.

welshpug

Guess you arent in maidenhead any more then?

stufarri

CP4L now use UPS with tracking facility too - I ordered some bits from there a few days ago and they are arriving tomorrow apparently.

• Like 1

willis

Eurocarparts just sent me a new back box via yodel - literally! Just had a couriers label on the side with my address! Arrived so dented it was funny. They collected and refunded me but only after chasing them up.

Rich_p

It's also worth checking ECP's ebay shop.

I got a wing mirror for a girl at work the other week and it was cheaper than both ecp and cp4l's websites!

Daviewonder

They're not the same company. Carparts4less belongs to the brother of the guy who used to own ECP.

mowflow

I'm glad i'm not the only one that has had issues with Yodel. I was starting to think it was personal. They are worse than useless, it's actually like they go to extra effort to make their service the worst that it could possibly be. I flat out refuse to deal with any company that uses them, it's just not worth the stress.

rallysteve

If they are not the same company it is slightly suspicious that I ordered a cabin air filter from CP4L online and received one with the invoice printed on EuroCarParts Branded Paper! :)

Alan_M

Anyone used onlinecarparts.co.uk ?

nveeate

They're not the same company. Carparts4less belongs to the brother of the guy who used to own ECP.

I think they must be the same company, or at least linked somehow - quite often CP4L turns up with Eurocarparts stickers on the packaging. When Eurocarparts advertises its continual special offer discounts, the resulting price is usually to the penny the same as CP4L.

Sometimes CP4L does work out less though with their standard discounts for spending £50, £75 or £100 - and sometimes if you split your order you get a larger overall discount (i.e. instead of one order at £150 with £15 off, you split it to one order for £50 with £5 off and one for £100 with £15 off!).

Anyone used onlinecarparts.co.uk ?

Not used them, but buypartsby is worth checking.

ORB

ECP will knock lumps off if you deal with them correctly!

stufarri

CP4L delivered via UPS yesterday, very impressive - only 1 failing though, 6 items ordered only 5 arrived but the invoice has 6 'ticks' on it. Some tool forgot to put my brake pads in the boxes before sealing them. Useless bellends.

Rippthrough

Regardless of what they say, they share warehouses, stock systems, website front and back ends, and addresses. They're the same, just split in two daughter companies.

Harni

Not so sure about them not being the same company. I ordered a ball joint for my 306 from CP4L. It took a week to arrive, when it did it was a 16mm one (i needed 18mm), and was a non-pas which would of meant i would have had positive camber on that wheel. The box had a ECP P/N Sticker on it and the invoice was identical bar the logo. Went to ECP to get the right ball joint and he said all of CP4Ls stuff comes from ECPs main warehouse in Wembley.

Either way, they were bloody useless and ill certainly be going to my local parts man in future.

roccorich

And Carparts4less has crap customer service.

Ordered a Fan switch and when it turned up it was a 2 pin single speed one, despite the site stating two temp ranges for the fan which would make it a twin speed 3 pin and the temperatures on the switch werent even anywhere near the ones listed.

The bloke on the phone just kept telling me it was my fault for putting the wrong vehicle details in even though I repeatadly told him it was because I had a different engine in the car so that was irrellevant.

Eventually when I asked to speak to his manager he suddenly said he was sorry and refunded me.

About 30 minutes of arguing over £6

Daviewonder

I've had completely the opposite service from carparts4less. I accidentally ordered the wrong parts, phoned them up and explained, they sorted a courier to come and collect the parts the next day and refunded me as soon as they had received them.

10/10 for service.

mechanicalrepairs

Sutpal Singh, think he sold off euro and now works for them.

Carl