• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
East_Hud

Mi16 Sheared Cam Tensioner Bolt - Help!?!

East_Hud

Mi16 Sheared Cam tensioner bolt - Help!!?!

Hi,

Currently in the middle of my track car refresh/mi instillation. The engine is out thankfully.

One of the cam tensioner bolts has sheared off. I have tried to drill it out and use easy outs to remove to no avail and have now snapped a drill bit in there which i cannot remove. (Dickhead - i know)

Does anyone have any ideas about how to remove what is left? A friend suggested welding a nut on the end but this scares me and my non existent welding skills. Any other ideas please and thanks?

Or anyone local to Norfolk who could possibly assist for dollar?

Thanks

welshpug

alloy or iron block?

jackherer

I assume you mean the stand off that screws into the block rather than the tensioner bolt itself? I snapped a standoff a while ago and the engine was still in the car which wasn't much fun. I used tiny bits to drill around the snapped bit then had to re-drill it slightly oversize and helicoil it. Then a water pump bolt sheared...

East_Hud

Yeah that's the kiddie. Has the helicoil held alright so far? My mate has a kit so guess thats what i'll have to do as well.

Alloy block! (still got that one for sale?? ha)

"Then a water pump bolt sheared..." - Please dont!! ha

Edited by East_Hud

jackherer

It's still running AFAIK (it wasn't my car, you think you're stressed...) and I see no reason it wont hold indefinitely.