• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NFS

Weather Door Strips

NFS

Hi Guys,

im just putting my 205 back together and im stuggling to get the top door weather stip stick on properly, what have people used to stick them neatly?

Capture1_zps5c9955b3.png

ps thanks for the pic macaroni

NFS

Any ideas guys there have been plenty of repainted cars on here.

Simon a

I used double sided foam tape and some new plastic clips

I'd be interested to know what's best to use too. When I took mine off a few weeks ago, it seemed to be stuck on with some sort of (very sticky) tape, most of which is still stuck to the metal. Simon, can you provide a link to the type of tape you used?

DamirGTI

Ditto .. double sided tape , myself i used 3M (a bit pricey per roll , but much better adhesion quality than other cheaper unbranded tapes ..) and OE clips .

Need to clean the surfaces thoroughly (both the weather strip and the area on the bodywork , i used 99% Acetone) then heat up the area on the bodywork with an industrial fan , heat the side of the tape to be taped on the body a bit as well .. tape it on the body whilst the surface is still warm , heat again this time the tape side to be taped on the weather strip and tape up the weather strip onto the tape .. fit clips and that's it .

D

Useful, thanks. By clips, I assume you mean the ones in the top corner ie. one clip per side? Iirc, there are no more? I was planning on reusing both of mine, I assume I can?

Simon a

No there's about 4 each side, they are the type with the pin down the middle, they are pence to buy from dealers, tape I used came from a bodyshop suppliers, I just asked for some tape for trims and they advised which was best to use