• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

Renault Trafic Clutch Issues

tidypug

Hi, I'm back again with more traffic issues.

I've fitted a recon gearbox as the old one was whiney (sp?) so have fitted a new clutch and hub centric bearing. The van drove for a day great but then the clutch pedal went to the floor and wouldn't bleed up. After lots of bleeding brake fluid was running out from the bell housing meaning there is an issue in there. I've dropped the box off again to see if the new hubcentric bearing has failed, but it seems ok. At the moment I've removed the bearing from the gearbox and have connected up the clutch system and have bled it up. Using some grips I've held the bearing down and got my dad to press the clutch pedal, I can't see any leaks. So my question is, does a new hub centric bearing need pressing up and down a few times before its fitted or does it sound like its a faulty item from new? I'm reluctant to put it all back together again as 've not changed anything from before.

Thanks

Jamie

welshpug

sounds like you hadn't got the hose clipped in properly the first time if the bearing looks fine.

tidypug

I had wondered about that, there should be clear signs if the bearing has failed though shouldn't there? Have you known the bearings to fail from new?

I've checked the little o ring on the link pipe and it seemed ok, would it be work getting a new one?

welshpug

not heard of them failing from new, as for the o-ring a visual inspection should suffice, it can be changed with the box on so I would at least get the bellhousing bolted back up and try it.

tidypug

I just can't understand why it ran all day, did about 300 miles that day and the clutch decides to play up when I'm just about home. To begin with there was no fluid leaking from the bell housing, then it started to piss out.

tidypug

Turned out to be a faulty concentric bearing