• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
FireFly

Speedo Cable To Fit Xud9Te 205, Help Needed!

FireFly

My speedo cable broke and I'm having trouble finding a replacement.

Does anyone know if the 306 ph1 cable will fit?

I'm using the engine from a 306 but can't remember if the connection on the back of the 205 cluster is the same as the 306 cluster (it's a little white clip on the cluster end).

Any help would be appreciated!

welshpug

you just need a standard 205 cable.

FireFly

you just need a standard 205 cable.

They're the same across all engine variants?

None of my local motor supplies stock them.

Only peugeot which is like £25+.

welshpug

doesn't matter if none stock them, just get them to order one in for you, it'll be same or next day :lol:

standard rhd 205 cable.

Anthony

Pattern cables are a bit poor quality wise in my experience, or at least some of them are, so I'd personally strongly consider a genuine one.

Last pattern one I had resulted in a badly shaking needle after less than 2000 miles, much worse than the original 20 odd year old cable it replaced!

Make sure it's the longer available cable if you're given an opinion btw - the shorter one is LHD.

FireFly

doesn't matter if none stock them, just get them to order one in for you, it'll be same or next day :lol:

standard rhd 205 cable.

Sorry I wasn't clear. None of then CAN stock them. Meaning, they can't get hold of any.

Pattern cables are a bit poor quality wise in my experience, or at least some of them are, so I'd personally strongly consider a genuine one.

Last pattern one I had resulted in a badly shaking needle after less than 2000 miles, much worse than the original 20 odd year old cable it replaced!

Make sure it's the longer available cable if you're given an opinion btw - the shorter one is LHD.

Right ok, well if it was only £10 then I wouldn't care how long it last to be honest!

So is RHD part of the part number? Stands for Right-Hand-Drive / Left-Hand-Drive I would of thought?

If anyone could point me to a supplier online I'd appreciate it a lot..

EDIT:

Which of these will do? It's to go into a STDT cluster so needs to be slightly longer then the N/A cable.

eBay cables: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=speedo+cable+205&_sop=15

Edited by FireFly

Slo

Just get a genuine one from main dealers, whats the point paying for a second hand one that's done 100,000+ miles with the car it came from same as yours and could break same as yours the day after you fit it.

Its £25 not a grand :lol:

FireFly

Just get a genuine one from main dealers, whats the point paying for a second hand one that's done 100,000+ miles with the car it came from same as yours and could break same as yours the day after you fit it.

Who said anything about a 2nd hand one!?

Why spend £25 when I can spend £14!?

We're not all made of money..

Slo

Your search shows a few old used ones and new patent part ones that you have been advised arent worth a wank. As for not being made of money why have you got a 205 then lol.

FireFly

Your search shows a few old used ones and new patent part ones that you have been advised arent worth a wank. As for not being made of money why have you got a 205 then lol.

Right, thanks for clearing that up.

As for 205 ownership...

- they're cheap and cheerful

- one of the best FWD hatches I can think of

- has my favourite diesel engine in

- fairly easy to work on

- i always wanted one

Valid? :)

Slo

All points valid fair enough but the first one has a fine line if you run one into the ground then yeah cheap as chips it wont cost you anything, regular maintenance doesn't cost a lot true, odd part might break/wear out now and then that can be reasonably pricey, enter sod paying that much mode, leads to lots more expensive parts wearing out=money pit

Valid?

farmer

Says you that wouldn't spend £25 on a new resistor which was half price and would rather make one yourself !

farmer

Slo

Only cos i don't need it lol haven't even bothered doing it. But a speedo is pretty important.

farmer

Your lights are important as well surely?

Slo your a decent chap but your one of the tightest on the forum :lol:

Slo

Im not tight :lol: Ive spent a fortune on my shed of a car that is far from perfect. But almost everything I have bought has been genuine!

farmer

Im not tight :lol: Ive spent a fortune on my shed of a car that is far from perfect. But almost everything I have bought has been genuine!

Have to admit potentially making a resistor over buying one for £25 was a bit tight ?

Do you think you could of done it for cheaper out of interest?

Edited by farmer

Slo

Of course its a resistor, just need a tiny heatsink to go with it and bobs ya uncle.

farmer

Hmmm still tight.

Anyway thumbs up from me for a gen cable.

6123 C5 is what I bought.

• Like 1

FireFly

ANYWAY - bought one from Peugeot. £31 at trade/cost.

Job done...