• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lee.kendallmi16

1.9 Mi16 Injector Seals

lee.kendallmi16

Hi does anyone have the part number for the mi16 fuel injector O rings? Also where's best to get them from?

Cheers

lee.kendallmi16

Cheers mate that's brill!

At that price I might get the full works but will have to wait until I'm not going to be using the car.

jackherer

1.9 Mi16 injectors are the same as 1.9 8v injectors so you could easily pick up a spare set to get reconditioned without taking the car off the road.

Mr Teflon

Also the same as a Mk2 Golf (and probably many others that user that injector)

jackherer

Golf Mk2 injectors are yellow and do look the same but their part number is 0280 150 702 and 205 1.9 8v/1.9 MI16 injectors are 0280 150 762 which have different flow rates - http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/InjectorRatesBosch.html.

I think 762s are used on a Volvo too but that's it AFAIK.

Mr Teflon

I don't doubt it. But I can confirm when one of my injector seals broke down at Oulton Park, I bought a set of seals from a local VW dealer as they were closest.

Quick change and my 405 Mi16 was running perfectly again.

jackherer

Sorry, I confused two threads and thought we were talking about the injectors themselves, not the seals.

S@m

It is worth noting that early BX 16v's also used 0280150702 - mine does and they are also listed under bx16v on bosch's website.

So, dependant on year/production number, mi16's and 8v's can have either 702's or 762's - just the latter are far more common.

Anthony

That would make sense, as I've seen far too many 702's fitted to 1.9 engines for them all to have been swapped.

The odd thing is that depending where you look, some places list 702's and 762's as having different flow rates and some places list them as being the same. Clearly both can't be correct, so I'm wondering where the conflicting data is coming from and which is correct - logically, if both 702's and 762's were fitted to the same engine with the same ECU, AFM and FPR then they should flow the same.

I have run a pair of cleaned 702's in a 1.9 8v engine and it made good power with AFR's that were pretty much spot on.

The seals themselves are common to many Bosch injectors and others that share the same packaging and are readily available.

S@m

Sadly, Bosch themselves no longer state the flowrate of the 762 or 702 in their catalogue instead they refer you to the replacement part number 0280156045 which are black and have yet another flowrate.

Just for reference for anyone here about the original topic, if you must get the injector seals from Peugeot, (and i really suggest you don't) the part number is 198125 and they are £3.08+vat each!

jackherer

I just searched and found this - http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=109433 - Perhaps Rich was right, someone got a 0 and a 6 mixed up somewhere.

I don't think I have ever seen a 702 on a 205 or a BX but I'll have a look through my garage sometime to see if I have missed some.

S@m

Having looked at the previous topics on this subject, Sarty also had an mi16 fitted with 702's and Bosch's own catalogue back's up that they are the correct injector until April 1988, up to RP number 4161. All the stuff on mine is date stamped '88 so it fits the bill.

I have a set of 762's from my old 8v that i might put on my mi16 for testing though - i have managed to find some flowrates on Bosch's website now - the 702 is 219.30cc/min @ 3bar,

the 045 (which supposedly replaces the 762) is 219.60cc/min,

There is no figure for the 762 itself but Bosch are confirming that the 702 is 219cc/min and is the same (pretty much) flowrate as the injector that has replaced the 762. Just for confusion's sake, i will also note that Citroen themselves list only one part number for the BX - 198455.

Edited by Sam306