• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest joe

Problem With Steering

Guest ADRIAN

I'm always learning , believe me..

The people here helped me several time , and I've also helped people around here ,

but I don't accept things without understanding them ,

I don't meen to be annoying ... but when someone tells you something like

"pugnut" said .... :rolleyes:

Back to the topic now...

Edited by ADRIAN

Pugnut
I don't mean to be annoying ... but when someone tells you something like

"pugnut" said .... :rolleyes:

what do you mean by that Adrian?

if i give any advice on here its usaully down to first hand experience or what i've learnt through other people .

i guess that goes for most people on here .

when i do get something wrong i can learn from that whether it be by correcting myself for the future or by simply leaving the subject for others that know more about it.

Guest ADRIAN
what an asshole . now where's his bs meter ?

This is what I meen... :rolleyes:

Pugnut

precisely,

i have made a judgement going by first hand experience and the expert opinion of others .

you have offended me personally in the past and offended others . you also post s*ite which is fair enough but you don't seem to learn from it .

i really dont like offending you , i'm not that type of person (really) . and i really hoped you had come round after you last little incedent which you almost got banned for but i really can't see that you'll change in the slightest .

Guest ADRIAN
...you have offended me personally in the past and offended others ...

...and i really hoped you had come round after you last little incedent which you almost ...

What are you talking about?

Edited by ADRIAN

Pugnut

me personally , the 'go feed the baby' one .and theres probably more.

others...... well that'll be the islamic post .

i bet there's more.

Pugnut

for example :

this is your kind of humour .

" hey ADRIAN i see your new avatar . i didn't know you had a digital camera . your Mother , she's one ugly f***er ain't she "

now to you that might be funny and to someone you know well it may also be funny . but to someone you don't know they would probably hunt you down and gut you like a fish (to quote the grinch).

i'll let you reply to this Adrian because you always need the last word . but me i'm sorry for ruining this post and i'm not going to waste any more typing on you .

Guest ADRIAN

"...go feed the baby..."

o.k.

your'e right , I wrote some things like that (but never about mothers though :rolleyes: and allways on the off topic)

,but when I write things like that I always put a smilly on , so that people

will understand it's cynicism (something like :P or :P ...) ,

but if someone got me wrong than I'm sorry , here in public I say that...

PEACE...

I ask you to replay it please...

Edited by ADRIAN

jonah

Errrm anyway, back on topic...

I think you may find that it may actually be that when these lower arms are replaced and tightened up, the final tightening has been done with no load on the arms ..ie. in the air - this would cause the bushes to wear prematurely. 

Nope - they were tightened every time with the full weight of the car on its wheels. Probably more to do with the heavy use the car gets - road rallying puts a lot of strain on the suspension components! Although the original rubber bushes that were on the car when I bought it had been coping fine at ~12 years old...

btw the lower arm bushes are not poly as standard... front anti-roll bar bushes are though. I've now fitted poly bushes to my wishbones 'cos it's easier than having to replace the rubber ones every 3 months!

Guest ADRIAN
btw the lower arm bushes are not poly as standard... front anti-roll bar bushes are though. I've now fitted poly bushes to my wishbones 'cos it's easier than having to replace the rubber ones every 3 months!

So what do you say about the poly ones ?

Are they better?

Where did you buy them?

How much $$ ?

Thanks...

Edited by ADRIAN

Adi
I've now fitted poly bushes to my wishbones

There can be more problems after fitting poly bushes......especially on the wishbones.....than before with the old rubber ones.

There have been so many cases with poly bushes of not fitting properly.....and resulting in knocking and steering problems.

Better sticking to either std rubber....or Grp N rubber.

Guest joe

hi all

i posted on here cos ive a problem not to bicker and piss other people off nor am i intrested in poly bushes other wise my post would be about them...

im at a blank with the problem and i need help.

could it be the drop link arms???

thanks joe

jonah

Sorry, I shouldn't have restarted this topic, just felt I should defend my wishbone-fitting abilites! :rolleyes:

joe: drop-links won't cause those symptoms. I still think it's the wishbone bushes, and new ones (poly or otherwise) would be the solution. Several other people have given valid suggestions as well, what more can we say!

Adrian, briefly: can't notice any difference between poly bushes and intact rubber bushes; not had any other problems with them; Superflex; about £35.

Guest ADRIAN
Adrian, briefly: can't notice any difference between poly bushes and intact rubber bushes; not had any other problems with them; Superflex; about £35.

I've ordered the Peugeot original ones today.... about 12 pounds for the pair (arb

ones).

Don't know what to do with the arm bushes thou... :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this