• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Technik21

Tailgate Lock Circuitry

Technik21

Seems I have gremlins in the locking system.

I've noticed that the tailgate lock won't operate using the central locking. I have to manually lock\unlock the tailgate.

I've replaced the tailgate solenoid, but it's still dead. No 'motor' noise present from the tailgate when locking the car from the drivers door lock.

I have a separate issue with the remote locking, so can only use the driver's door lock to operate the central locking.

In fact, only the drivers' door lock will operate both doors, and if I try unlocking\locking the car from the passenger door, nothing happens apart from the passenger door locking manually.

It doesn't operate the drivers' door lock.

Could the tailgate issue stem from the control box in the drivers' door? I've checked the connections in the tailgate, and all look clean and secure.

I might have to get assistance whilst I check that there is voltage getting to the tailgate connector, but am guessing the power source comes from the drivers' door???

welshpug

In fact, only the drivers' door lock will operate both doors, and if I try unlocking\locking the car from the passenger door, nothing happens apart from the passenger door locking manually.

It doesn't operate the drivers' door lock.

that is how its supposed to work

Could the tailgate issue stem from the control box in the drivers' door? I've checked the connections in the tailgate, and all look clean and secure.

I might have to get assistance whilst I check that there is voltage getting to the tailgate connector, but am guessing the power source comes from the drivers' door???

There isn't a "control box" in the drivers door, only the solenoid, however it does contain microswitches to activate the central locking, given that the passenger door does lock/unlock, that would lead me to believe both the central locking relay (usually mounted near the steering column) and the solenoid unit in the drivers door are fine, and that its a wiring or boot solenoid issue.

Technik21

Ok Thanks for the advice. :)

I'll investigate the tailgate further.

MikeC

Check for cable breakages in the umbillical between the tailgate and the car body.