• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kachel

Where To Attach The Engine When Lift Out?

kachel

Hi all, hope you can help me.

I bought a D6B engine for my GTI. Now there's a 1.6 B6D in the car. Where/how can i attach the engine to the engine tackle to get the engine out?

Is it wise to replace the oil seal from the driving shaft in the gearbox when i disconnect the drive shafts? (i'll use the 1.6 gear box also for de D6B)

Do i have to disconnect the gearbox from the engine before lifting the engine out, or can it be done with the gearbox attached to the engine?

Is the clutch the same for 1.6 and 1.9?

Rob

johnhenry
  • Engine lifting hooks on the top of the engine - at each end of the engine, one is near the top, mount near the cam belt, the other is near the thermostat housing, sort of in line with the fuel rail/spark plugs
  • I have found that i needed to replace the driveshaft seals after removing the engine and refitting a couple of times, very easy job to do, just don't damage the metal that the seal fits into, genuine peugeot seals are cheap too!
  • I think the driveshaft/gearbox seals are all the same size for both 1.9 and 1.6 engines? someone else would need to confirm this though.
  • Engine & gearbox can be removed together, with the radiator fans and slam panel removed it is fairly easy to manoeuvre the engine out of the space

hope some of this helps!

Cheers

John

Simes

Adding a balance bar to your hoist will enable it to tilt and get both past the battery tray easily.

kachel

Thanx all, i´ll check the engine lifting hooks as i could´nt recognise them. So they are hooks where the chain from the engine tackle can be wrapped around?

I do have a balance bar to my hoist or tackle so that will be all right!

Rob

jackherer

The lifting points on the engine where the hooks go are simply two metal brackets with holes bolted in place. They are often missing so if you can't see them you might need to get some.

kachel

You´re right Jackherer, there missing, i´ll bold on something new.

Thank you all for helping me out here!