• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobby909

Gti 6 Wiring Loom Help In Wiltshire

dobby909

Hi, as the title suggests I need help with my gti6 conversion

I followed the guide on here for wiring in the loom and swapped the ignition wires round on the 205 barrel as its an F reg and was trying to fire on the second click! So that issue is sorted, but the fuel pump wouldn't prime -_- so I wired that in seperatly for now on the barrel so it will come on and provide the engine with fuel, so I know it has fuel and is turning over but still won't fire! The red permanent live wire for the engine isn't wired in though! But the coilpacks are only getting 9volts... Any ideas?! I hope everything I said is clear and any help will be greatly appreciated

welshpug

would suggest you connect the permanent live to start with!

dcc

This is why you can't have nice things.

rallyeash

I'm only Devizes if you need a hand

Miles

Ignition wires round on the 205 barrel, you never need to touch those, Stick them back as they where then you can start fault finding from there

dobby909

Ill connect the permanent live and see what happens, I'm seriously giving up with this car!

Roon

I'd drop it off with miles and let him out a loom in tour not far away.

dobby909

Ill give it a look this afternoon. Is there anyone around Wiltshire who people can recommended to actually get it working?!

dcc

If you cover his travelling costs I am sure Meirion (Aka Welshpug) would get it sorted for you, or even Anthony

dobby909

Yea I'd be more than happy too!

dobby909

Ok I'm really not having much luck! I found the permanent live and wired it up, still just cranks over and doesn't fire... ECU locked possibly? I'd like to have some help if there is anyone local to me ill obviously cover there travel costs! It's just if I don't get this car working within the next week or so I'm afraid it'll be broken for parts and scrapped as I won't have a car!

Malc

Ok I'm really not having much luck! I found the permanent live and wired it up, still just cranks over and doesn't fire... ECU locked possibly? I'd like to have some help if there is anyone local to me ill obviously cover there travel costs! It's just if I don't get this car working within the next week or so I'm afraid it'll be broken for parts and scrapped as I won't have a car!

Hi just wondering if you got this going?

If not you wouldn't have connected the fuel lines round the wrong way?

If you need an unlocked GTI6 ecu I have one.