• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Slo

Need A Full Set Of Driveshaft Cv Boots

farmer

Hope so. my QH pair failed after 6 months.

Slo

How did they fail did they tear open in the ribs? Or rip around the wire clips?

farmer

Yeah on the ribs, firing grease all over my bulkhead !

Slo

I had that problem many times with my 605 had to use massive jubilee clips from renault in the end as nothing would keep the boots secured on the ends. Was it the inner or outer ribs that broke up and did you have the plastic rings fitted to the ribs? That's unusual 6 months for a decent named part. Are they made of decent rubber or was it flimsy crap and did you stretch em over the cv's?

Edited by Slo

farmer

No plastic rings fitted on them. No these were fitted the correct way (dismantling shafts). The rubber seemed ok, but they just developed a hairline crack then split. I could understand one but both to go wasn't just unlucky.

Fitted genuine boots not a mark on them after 3 months.

Slo

Sounds like they are really s*it then. I swear by oem boots but replacing all 4 at once is almost half a weeks wage and i've ridden round with more grease on the outside than on the inside long enough.

farmer

I bought four inners of a German dealer for 40 euros, yes I don't need 4 just now but they are expensive as you say so took my chance. Have one outer to I won on the bay for 2.50.

hcmini1989

Slo make sure you use the proper clips should be the crimp ones .Dont bother with tie wraps.Well we only use the above brands bailcast etc and we have never had any comebacks .

Edited by hcmini1989