• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mech205eng

Heat Exchanger Removal

mech205eng

After i'd fitted the gti6 engine into my 205 I realised it was going to be difficult to plumb in the gti6 heat exchanger/oil cooler to the 205's cooling system. So I decided not to, instead I got an oil cooler and fitted it instead. When I fitted the cooler sandwich plate It seemed like I couldn't remove the original heat exchanger block because when it twisted it hit on the engine cradle. I wasn't prepared to removed the engine mount, cradle, aux belt and alternator to get it off so I left it there and fitted the sandwich plate to the heat exchanger itself. Now I have an oil leak that appears to be coming from between the exchanger and the engine and not between the sandwich plate and exchanger. Is it possible for me to remove the exchanger without taking the cradle off? It even looks as if when you spin it the two pipes on the top will catch on the sump? Is it possible to hacksaw them pipes off them spin it off. In short i'm after the simplest and quickest way to get that heat exchanger off?

welshpug

remove the bolt...

mech205eng

I havn't had it off in months, can't remember what it looks like behind the filter. So does it pull off then? For some reason I thought it span off like the filter

jackherer

Take the filter off and it will be obvious what you need to remove.

mech205eng

I've just been out and done it. Now I remember what happened when I fitted it, I did remove the heat exchanger, but then realised I had two female threads so couldn't attach the sandwich plate, so that's why I put the heat exchanger back on. Don't know why I thought it screwed off like that. So now I need part no. 1103.54 which i'm just about to order off miles, I think it's cheaper from Peugeot but my dealer are terrible to deal with. Thanks for the help

calvinhorse

Which length threaded tube did you order?

mech205eng

unsure of the length. there wasnt a choice. it's what most people use so i imagine it will be a sufficient length