• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiamiGus

Timing Issues. Help Needed :(

MiamiGus

Hi, I've been having power issues with the mi16 in my 205. Running Kent regrinds, headwork, Jenvey ITB's and Canems ECU. It's appears to be making less than a standard engine! About 158 ish and torque is about 140 ish. Checked everything time after time and I'm now thinking its a timing issue. I was having to use 17 degrees advance to get those figures!!!

Is there anyone local to me (Bedfordshire area) that knows these engines better than me and can take a look at my timing and advise if its correct??

I'll pay for your time/ fuel costs as its driving me nuts...

Thanks in advance, no pun intended :)

MiamiGus

No one? Or no ideas?????

Anthony

Cam timing I'm assuming you mean? What regrinds are they - PT1601's I'm guessing - and have you just fitted them on standard pulleys or timed them up properly using a dial gauge and vernier pulley?

Has the ECU been properly mapped, or is that running on a base map and/or map that you've tweaked yourself? If it was properly mapped, what did the mapper think might be amiss if it wasn't producing the figures you were expecting at the time?

I'm assuming that figure is at the flywheel if you're not happy, as I imagine it would probably be roughly as expected given the spec at the wheels?

MiamiGus

Bang on the cams yes 1601's, had it on Cat cams verniers but other issues confused the situation and I've ended up back on standards again. It's been mapped by my best mate who knows how to map cars as he does it almost every day. An has proven results with his customers cars. Strangly it runs very well and mapped up great, just wont make any power. Just not that familiar with the mi16. Iirc that was an atw figure thats why I'm thinking we have the cam timing out?

Fancy coming over to have a look some time soon. I know you know these things ;)

Got my rear beam from you ages ago. I'll sort you out for your troubles, dont worry.

MiamiGus

What am talking about, yes fly figure :)

Should be seeing 190 ish with the mods done i would have thought?

petert

If PT1601, should be 110 lobe centre line on the inlet and 112 on the exhaust.