• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Asbestos

DamirGTI

What about the bonnet lining , do we know for sure if it contains asbestos or not ?!

Looking at the cracked material/fibres , it looks to me more like glass fibre or rock-wool .. but unsure how to distinguish them from the actual asbestos fibres , or maybe it can be mix of the two (glass fibre and asbestos)

D

dcc

Asbestos is dangerous when disturbed and fibres become airborne. Soak with water anything you think contains asbestos, i.e. under bonnet sound proofing, prior to removing it.

A lot of tips WILL accept asbestos, but it must be contained (i.e. bagged) and pre booked.

Don't try and hide it - you will likely not get caught, but the possibility is there and it's a pretty hefty fine and potentially prison sentence iirc. The HSA don't look friendly when asbestos is involved.

Asbestosis comes as a result of airborne particles being inhaled, mitigate this with a mask too.