• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eastlondonpug

Urgent Wiring Loom Question

eastlondonpug

Hi

Doing an mi16 conversion, car opened up on the driveway at the moment. I cant seem to figure out where the connectors as per the picture attaches.

Please help. Thanks

post-21860-0-16077200-1376760503_thumb.jpg

eastlondonpug

Allright, I see - I need to splice these into the 205 loom. Can someone please confirm?

jackherer

The top one plugs into the shunt box which is the black box on the slam panel. The large black and brown ones need to be connected to the brown multiplugs under the dashboard on the drivers side. This spreadsheet has the connections you need to make: http://www.205gti.com/downloads/wiring.xls

ORB

Not a whole lot of sense being made there!

However, if you do a search, there are just over 37.23 million MI16 Wiring guides on this forum alone.

Ohh, look, I just found a link in the recycling bin whilst throwing out the kids Stella cans;

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=70603

Thanks

• Like 1

Miles

Not really the right way to do it thou, For a neat job and it checks the loom for other connections is to strip it down, Add the oil pressure wire and re-route and remove quite a few wires

• Like 1

eastlondonpug

Thanks everyone. Very useful info.

Miles- I might get a complete loom off you if my wiring does not work.

eastlondonpug

Hello again

I have started creating a link loom with the information kindly provided above by jack and orb above.

My question is, I have gound a brown 5 pin connector linked to what seems like a small black box (fuel pump relay?) underneath the steering wheel at the footwell. One of the wires from this 5 pin connector goes into the original jetronic ecu.

Am I correct in assuming that I don't need this relay anymore as the fuelling will then be controlled by the mi16 motronic ecu?

Just to clarify, my car is an original 1988 phase 1.5 with the original dash and wiring loom. I have found the two brown 6 and 9 pin multiplugs (to make the link loom) near the fusebox.

Attached is a similar picture of the relay I have from the internet.

Thanks

post-21860-0-73482000-1376903386_thumb.jpg

jackherer

Sorry, I forget that the earlier cars are different. 1988 cars have the wiring on the left side as you found.

The black box is the tachymetric relay, you can remove that and the entire 8v jetronic loom it is connected to,

eastlondonpug

Hi

Thanks everyone, got the car started yesterday. Quite a bit of achievement really!

• Like 1

205Mi16Mick

Congratulations! It's a great feeling, isn't it? :)