• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martin205xs

205 Ignition To Modern Day Wasted Spark

martin205xs

Evening all,

a fair while back i was working on a project of backwards converting a 306 Dturbo to a 205 GTI powered car. i had everything i needed but it never saw the road.

so to cut the story short i blew up the Dturbo after 500 miles of owning it dhy conrod failure. i decided to place the spare 205 gti 1.6 engine in i had spare collecting dust after i rebuilt it.

i fitted the car with a be3 box with the pick up hole on top of the gearbox to the 205 engine which was fitted with an mi16 flywheel and diesel clutch.

i then replaced the fuel system on the 205 with the fuel system off the 306 xsi engine and changed the injectors for the 205 gti 1.6 injectors. and proceeded on mounting all the additional sensors.

heres a pic of the engine in the car

69753_1703832390894_7825627_n_zps3e98fde

i only ever managed to get it up and running in the air and could select all gears but i never road tested the car and have always wondered if anyone has done the conversion not the 205 in 306. but the xsi ignition system on the 205.

theoretically both systems could be run both ecu's one to control spark and the other to control standard 205 fuel injection.

oh and here is a pic of the late departed dhy engine

75312_1676888397311_1403283_n_zpsbeec734

thanks

anyone else done this let me know if my worked ok as i had to take 205 engine out as it was sold for some good money who knows a member on here might have that engine

sub205

I am running a XU10J2C in a 205, with complete loom and ECU from a 306. I later replaced the stock ECU with a megasquirt.

Of course you can run the same components on a XU9JAZ and a XU5. Simply use the loom, the dual-coil and the mounting of it.

No problem at all.

pug_ham

Best source of a wasted spark engine management system for the 205 GTI imo is the MP3.1 from a 405SRi or very rare BX GTI or Citroen ZX volcane 1.9i using the ZX ecu but the 2.0 8v XSi ecu can be used (afaik its Magnet Marelli MM8P) so with the lambda sensor fitted it should control the fuelling well but I wouldn't like to say how it'll run long term with fuelling through out the rev range, especially on a 1.6 engine.

I'd look at the injector fuelling rates & see which were best suited though rather than ust swapping for the 1.6 injectors just incase the injection period is massively different between the two due to the flow rates.

Marksorrento205 has the ZX volcane loom & ecu fitted to his 1.6 & afaik has no issues with it but as standard this has a mix pot for the idle fueeling, although with a minor loom / ecu plug pin change you can fit a lambda sensor to replace it. (I've done this on mine).

g