• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Bleeding Custom Hydraulic Clutch (Pictures)

allye

So, after replacing both the cable and clutch master cylinder I am now unable to bleed to the clutch and I'm wondering how it was done originally! Here is the rather unique setup;

Cable pulls a lever which operates the cylinder.

IMG_3324_zpsc9eb8da8.jpg

And the slave cylinder with no bleed nipple

IMG_3325_zps41af6a9e.jpg

How do I go about bleeding that!? The later V6 slave cylinders have a bleed nipple I think but one would assume its not a direct fit. Any of you intuitive lot got any ideas!?

Thanks, Ali

(At some point will be junking the lot and going full hydraulic, not an option at the moment though.)

welshpug

where's the reservoir?

I can't remember how that hose attaches to the slave cylinder, but if its standard 10x1.0 threads you could add a tee piece with a bleed nipple quite easily.

later Slaves are direct fit, though not sure if the unions are compatible, you'll find them, on most ML equipped gearboxes, so C5's, D9 406's etc, van's...

allye

Thanks for the clarification on the slave, might go down this route. The banjo seems to be a push fit into the slave as it just spins around, secured by a pin.

Would be handy to know what fitting the later slave cylinder takes.

This does look about right,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trw-slave-cylinder-clutch-CITROEN-FIAT-LANCIA-PEUGEOT-PJK121-/290873510828?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A406&hash=item43b9698bac

Edited by allye

marksorrento205

Thats the later one yes. As you can see the pipe fitting is completely different. I fit the later style ones and they bleed up a treat. Also no need to have the cable / hyd set up. That is expensive though! Pug ones are only £25 :)

allye

Will the pug pipe fit my willwood master cylinder though!

marksorrento205

Any thing can be made to fit ;)

Miles

Doubtful as they use those funny thread's

allye

I think the best plan is to fit the later slave and then fit the correct fitting to my current braided hose.

Tesstuff

If my v6 conversion man fitted s*it like that he would be my ex-v6 conversion man :D

• Like 2

marksorrento205

Doubtful as they use those funny thread's

What does?

Anthony

Wilwood parts - from memory it's a taper thread of some variety.

welshpug

yeah,usually 3/8, but Miles is referring to the pug parts I believe, as they also use a non standard thread more often than not.

Goliath used the full D9 setup from memory, though Thirdtimelucky used a 206 master and some copper tubing.

allye

It still begs the question how it was bled first time round!? :huh:

welshpug

magic/gravity.

marksorrento205

yeah,usually 3/8, but Miles is referring to the pug parts I believe, as they also use a non standard thread more often than not.

Goliath used the full D9 setup from memory, though Thirdtimelucky used a 206 master and some copper tubing.

That is why I asked as I have got fittings for Willwood parts before and the later Pug slave cylinder that I was talking about is not a threaded fitting ;) The bit in the middle is the easy bit!

allye

Really struggling to find info on the fitting on the later slave cylinder, service box was not very useful. Anyone have a idea on what fitting it is and whether you can buy them serperatly to fit to my braided hose?

Or go down the bodge route and cut the original hose and some how attatch the rubber hose to my braided part!

marksorrento205

I will drop you a pm now :)