• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jameswallace.

Right Clutch For 205 Gti 6 Conversion?

welshpug

bx 16v, 215mm push type clutch, the one above is the 8 valve kit at 200mm.

641545400 is the ecp/cp4L part number.

118 on ECP, or £75 on cp4L

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/641545400/p/home

have a look on ebay, DCC and myself have in the past year or so got o.e peugeot kits for £55.

Edited by welshpug

jameswallace.

Just went to fit this today and realised I tossed the old bolts for the clutch assuming the new clutch would come with new bolts! Anyone got any or know where I can get some which are the right length??

welshpug

Peugeot, or citroen.

Alastairh

If you want a Bx 16v clutch, i have fitted the following without issue. ebay; 300906484105

Nice and cheap :D

Daryl1205

Depends what gearbox you use iv got an mi16 clutch so I can use the 205 box think its push type can't remember

pug_ham

Just went to fit this today and realised I tossed the old bolts for the clutch assuming the new clutch would come with new bolts! Anyone got any or know where I can get some which are the right length??

What thread has your flywheel got?

The 8v flywheel has M8 bolts where the Mi16 had M7 so you need to get the right ones.

Looking on service box for the GTI-6 flywheel you need M7 x1 21mm long.

g

jameswallace.

the clutch welsh pug has linked me to will allow me to fit a 1.6 gear box right?

welshpug

it can be a 1.6 1.9 2.0 2.1 whatever, as long as its a BE1/3/4 box with the right bellhousing bolt pattern and you have the appropriate flywheel.

jameswallace.

perfect thanks thats all i need to know!

Rams_gti6

If you want a Bx 16v clutch, i have fitted the following without issue. ebay; 300906484105

Nice and cheap :D

Do these clutches fit a gti6 205? Do you normally need pressure plate and friction plate off two different models or can the clutch be bought it full kit form but just under another model i.e bx 16v? Edited by Rams_gti6

welshpug

all of the above applies, no mixing and matching, its the same flywheel.

Rams_gti6

That £25 clutch fits? Bargain or cheap for a reason? Welshpug informative as usual! Thanks

Slo

Ive got a £25 clutch in my 2 litre turbo engine works fine, its £25 because its probably reconditioned despite it saying its brand new and will have cheap lining material.

Alastairh

Valeo, listed under a 405 etc, but if you google the part number the technical specs it fits. As said my last 205 GTI6 conversion i did had one.

Al

Rams_gti6

The spec is, 215mm 18splines? What else should I check?

• Like 1

Slo

nothing else to check but the thrush/release bearing might not fit your release arm so better to source a new one seperately.

Rams_gti6

I've just put a new one in when I changed the box as I thought my synchros were worn. Didn't replace clutch to save money then as I thought I had to buy a mi16 friction plate and a gti6 pressure plate which meant buying toe clutch kits which was £150 ish, but saying that we checked the plate and it looked fine loads of meat left on it. Think it's my pressure plate that's at fault though many not clutching (made up word) properly. Tried changing cable but no such luck

welshpug

nothing else to check but the thrush/release bearing might not fit your release arm so better to source a new one seperately.

it will fit fine, there's only one type of BE3 release bearing.

I've just put a new one in when I changed the box as I thought my synchros were worn. Didn't replace clutch to save money then as I thought I had to buy a mi16 friction plate and a gti6 pressure plate which meant buying toe clutch kits which was £150 ish, but saying that we checked the plate and it looked fine loads of meat left on it. Think it's my pressure plate that's at fault though many not clutching (made up word) properly. Tried changing cable but no such luck

you do know that the pull and push type 215mm clutches use a nigh on identical friction plate right?...

Rams_gti6

I do now after doing a bit of reading earlier, at the time I thought I needed a mi16 specific one!

Slo

it will fit fine, there's only one type of BE3 release bearing.

Ahh thats why then. i got a bx 1.9 gti clutch kit, when i took my box off the release bearing looked nothing like the one in the kit. it had a fat round dome on the front on the front of it and since its nice and quiet just put it back in again

welshpug

yeah, there's a few variances, some will have a square shoulder, some a dome, but they're all the same height and same fork fitting.

Slo

not when you have a be1 tho :angry: what confused me the most with it all was the spare box that i'd bought came with a bearing still on the relase arm and while the front looked identical to the new one in the kit the backside was pretty obviously different due to the be1/3 difference

welshpug

ha! indeed :lol:

as it happens I'm running the original 205 BE1 arm and bearing over a 215mm push clutch and flywheel on my 8 valve engine.

dobboy

Could someone who knows what they are looking at have a squint at what i've got please?

I bought a 6 engine c/w a gearbox for a conversion. I was told engine + box were previously in a 205.

I also assume/hope that the Gbox is a BE1 or 3 from a 1.9. (and i'm hoping not to require to buy a new clutch)

A few Q's.

Q1. Does it look like i have an MI16 or GTI6 clutch or other?

Q2. From the clutch fitting guide on here it mentions a bearing to go on the splined shaft for the fork on the box? am i missing it?

Q3. How can a novice tell if it's BE1 or BE3?

Q4. What's the easiest way of confirming this is a 1.9 box

Generally, can anyone advise what i have here or how i can find out?

post-23841-0-64830000-1387349510_thumb.jpg

post-23841-0-16166400-1387349787_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance