• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NFS

Electric Windows Walkthrough

NFS

Hi Guys I have search a lot of threads and nothing is giving me the information I need, this is my story,

I go the car and the electric windows did not work, i only had 2 of the 3 switches in the car, so I had one from a saxo laying around which looked identical, I have attached that,

the car has been re-sprayed so the doors have been off and everything unplugged, on the driver’s side I plugged in a 5 or 6 pin (I think) brown plug and put the yellow plug (I think) with all the earths to the block near the steering column, when I took the door off I felt the need (not sure why) to cut two wire one white and one yellow with a 2 pin yellow end connector, now I don’t know where it connects to and I think it might be for the speakers in the door as it goes that way?

On the other side, I think everything Is connected expect the window reg as its on in yet, would that stop the windows from working?

So to summarise

All three switches are plugged in ( admittedly one is a saxo one)

The driver’s window reg is plugged in

Passenger one is not plugged in,

Brown plug on driver side is plugged in

Earth plug connected to the earth on the steering column

A yellow 2 pin plug has been cut( not sure if this is needed for the windows to work)
What else should I be checking relay? Which one? fuse? Where? stuck with this one L

welshpug

yellow plug is the speaker.

have you got power and earth at the switch?

passenger side will not work without both switches in.

NFS

I havent tested with a muiltimeter but i know there power there as before i found the saxo switch i had a made trying to bridge the connections to make it work, and accidently crossed the live with ground and that also made the drivers side wires get hot so im assuming the connection is there for both? assuming that rules out the fuse? thanks

thanks i thoought it was for the speakers,

there is only one swtich for the pass side aint there? do you mean the motor plug? i tried bridging them and it still dint work. i should of just plugged in the reg lol,

oh and both motors work perfect as i have tested them out side of the car.

Edited by NFS

welshpug

there's two switches for the passenger window, one on the passenger door, one on the drivers door.

get hold of a haynes manual, the diagram in there should be sufficient to figure out what the fault is.

NFS

Okay i have the haynes manual so will have a look. im just useless at reading them and translating it to the car lol

welshpug

92 and 92A from fusebox to switches, M1, M2 M3 and M4 are the earths, the rest go between the switches and motors.