• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vern

Crank And Hockey Stick Seals

vern

Are the crank seal (flywheel end) and the hockey stick seals available separately from anywhere other than the main stealers?

pugpete1108

I may have a pair of hockey stick seals left from when I bought some before, ill double check in the morning.

I'm pretty sure I might have a crank seal knocking about too

ALEX

You usually get a pair when you buy a sump gasket

vern

Thanks for replies, PugPete if you could have a look and let me know.

Alex I have never seen a pair with just a sump gasket, just usually with a gasket set.

welshpug

Crank seals can be had from any motorfactor as well as a dealer, hockey stick seals afaik a dealer only part.

pug_ham

hockey stick seals afaik a dealer only part.

Plus you have to buy a bag of the minimum quantity as well, iirc 10.

g

Anthony

Yep, defo minimum quantity on the hockey stick seals unless you get a friendly dealer who'll split, and 10 sounds about right.

Given how much of a pain it is to replace the crank seal, it pays to spend a little extra and buy a quality/branded part than whatever the cheapest thing on eBay is.

welshpug

indeed a branded item is better, however I have heard from a few that the dealer supplied seals aren't the best any more as they have changed the construction, miles or sandy may be able to comment.

S@m

I have 8 genuine psa hockey sticks left from my bottom end rebuild. Will do a pair for £2 delivered.

ALEX

Yep, defo minimum quantity on the hockey stick seals unless you get a friendly dealer who'll split, and 10 sounds about right.

Given how much of a pain it is to replace the crank seal, it pays to spend a little extra and buy a quality/branded part than whatever the cheapest thing on eBay is.

No they're defenatley including these with the sump gaskets now. You even get the seal for the oil level ensor on early XU engines.

I'll try and source the manufacture, but I bought mine from my local motor factors http://www.samraparts.co.uk/

They can even source you the crank seals size for size, not OE replacements but will do the same job.

Edited by ALEX

vern

For the crank seals if not getting genuine, what are the makes to get from a motor factors that are proven good?

Sam will send you a PM about the hockey stick seals.

pugpete1108

Yeah I've had a look and can only find 1 hockey seal not 2 ???? and I'm guessing the crank seal is buried in a box somewhere