• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeygulley

6 Motor Won't Start Randomly, Unplugged Ecu Then Plugged Back In

mikeygulley

Hello!

Another won't start!!

I unplugged the ECU to test another on my car (which didn't happen in the end) then plugged it back in, now the car won't start.

When I turn the ignition to the 2nd click the relay clicks like mad, then when you touch it it stops, the fuel pump runs constantly (doesn't prime). So on swinging over the car doesn't even attempt to fire!!

I had a similar problem a while ago which was down to an earth but the car has been sweet for a year since and now its not! Hahaha!

Any ideas? I disconnected the ecu with the ignition off and didn't take the power supply away on the shunt box or battery. There is no imobiliser.

Many thanks,

Mike :)

mikeygulley

So I had a crack at this earlier before running out of time!

I tested the relay on my fathers car and its fine. Could I have locked the ecu when removing it??

I unplugged it with the ignition 'off'.

My fuel pump is running continuously now too.

I'm a little stumped TBH so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Anthony

If the ECU was on a 205, you shouldn't have been able to lock it. If it was locked, you wouldn't have the symptoms you're experiencing AFAIK.

Is the fuel pump really running continuously, or is it just doing the initial reset ECU ~10 second prime?

Have any of the pins on the ECU plug been pushed in?

mikeygulley

Hello!

So I've had another go at this and still no joy but I'm sure I'm getting closer! Ha!

So I have 12 volts at coil packs and injectors on the second click of the key and very little on cranking.

The relay is clicking like a good'un and sometimes it needs a tap to get the fuel pump to run (still continuously, no prime at all) but it still clicks away.

I have put extra earth straps on and changed the crank sensor. The relay was tested on my fathers car and worked but could it have been on its way out? I have not tried my dads on mine yet as have no access to it at the moment!

A little frustrated as I have MOT on saturday morning!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhh! Hahaha!

Cheers,

Mike :)

mikeygulley

Sorted this tonight after over 2 weeks! Somehow the ECU locked itself!!????

Tried a known un locked one and it fired straight up.

I have no idea how this happened. :/