• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Dropping Push Rod Into Gearbox

allye

Ok so whilst removing the slave cylinder the push rod fell into the gearbox. Great. Bloody fantastic. Been fishing for ages with a magnet no luck. Do I need to split the bloody box and engine?

Can't seem to see a observation panel or anything. What a f***. It's on the v6 gearbox btw.

Cheers, ali

welshpug

get a stronger magnet, maybe turn the flywheel a bit by rocking the car in 4th, otherwise it is engine out box off and a new release bearing.

DOH.

allye

Ok so managed to knock out the little grill thing in the casting of the box with a chisel and fish it out with a magnet that way, drilling a hole in it would have been the next choice!

Still not fixed though, piece of crap hydraulic clutch!

welshpug

Georges one works lovely!

allye

I know! He's explained how its been done and I will be converting to full hydraulic at some point, this cable set up is a bit wank.

I'm going to chuck up another thread tomorrow with some picture but basically the hydraulic side has bleed nipple on the slave so I don't see how I'm going to bleed it.