• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Lost All Gauges (Xud)

Daviewonder

Hello All

This is not a 205 related question I'm afraid. It's about my W reg1.9td Citroen Synergie.

I went do drive off yesterday and as I did I noticed that my dash gauges have all suddenly stopped working. All the warning lights are still working as they should but there's no gauge movement what so ever. I'm in a bit of a panic as We're going on a long journey tomorrow and I'd rather it had some gauges working.

Any ideas please?

Dave :)

pug_ham

Have you checked the related fuses?

g

jackherer

I've had this with a similar age Citroen, a Xantia IIRC, but I can't remember what it was unfortunately. It might be worth searching some Citroen forums as I am pretty certain its a common fault that affects more than one model. I've got a feeling its something simple like disconnecting the battery for fifteen minutes until it resets.

Daviewonder

Have you checked the related fuses?

g

I've visually checked them and had a prod with a test light, all seems ok.

I've had this with a similar age Citroen, a Xantia IIRC, but I can't remember what it was unfortunately. It might be worth searching some Citroen forums as I am pretty certain its a common fault that affects more than one model. I've got a feeling its something simple like disconnecting the battery for fifteen minutes until it resets.

I've had a google and seen similar things written. I disconnected the battery last night and left it, when I went out in it today the gauges worked for the 6 mile journey but when I went to come home they weren't working again.

It's a bit annoying as I need it for a long journey tomorrow.

jackherer

Sorry I can't offer any more than vague recollections from many years ago but I would measure the battery voltage when the engine is running, checking for either a weak alternator or a dead regulator (excessively high voltage.)