• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnhenry

Elbowed Air Pipe In Induction; New Item Available?

johnhenry

Evening all

Have just gone to fit up the induction air pipe off the throttle body to AFM; found a pretty poor seal around one of the metal fitments, large hole, screwdriver can fit through, probably causing running issues when it was running

Looking to replace, was thinking though as a replacement part is likely from the same age and likely to be suffering from similar fatigue.

Does anyone do a silicone pipe version? with all the correct fitments

Would buying an 'off the shelf' silicone elbow with correct reductions and then drilling and fitting the original metal fitments be a way to get a new elbow? or just be a waste of time due to getting a good seal - anyone tried this?

Shorten the induction pathway and stick a cone filter on and then an air feed pipe up from drivers light area - might be preferred option at this stage

cheers

John

AlexRS2782

Samco have recently made silicone versions of the standard air filter hoses as they're listed on their website under induction / throttle body hose(s) for the 205 GTI.

Edit - Found the link - http://www.samcosport.com/uk/car_kits.asp?make=Peugeot

I wouldn't imagine they'll be cheap however.

Edited by AlexRS2782

johnhenry

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samco-Silicone-Throttle-Body-Hose-Peugeot-205-Gti-1-6-1-9-/300669245412

you weren't wrong. For 1 hose!

The factory is literally 10 miles from where i live, never knew, have driven past it hundreds of times.

will see if they sell them direct as i suspect there is monumental markup on that!

welshpug

damn, is that really the going rate for them? :lol:

probably got one or two decent ones in the shed ;)

johnhenry

If i keep the current induction pathway - thinking ill be going down the samco route, as painfully £££ as its going to be :/ would be a waste of all the other effort to not have a decent sealed induction. and would be kept standard, which I would like to do.

other option:

Shorten the induction, fabricate/modify a bracket for the AFM and use the mi16 hose from bakerBM

http://www.bakerbm.com/205.php?data=sih16v205

much cheaper, its bakerBM, and it'll do the same job

Alan77

Seems to me like youre just thinking out loud and writing it down on here...

I would swap out the broken part for a non broken part, simple. Not all induction rubber parts are fubar'd

Or get your cash out for a Samco...