• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dt_

1.6 Auto - Which Parts Can I Use?

dt_

Hi, had a 205 1.6 xu auto for a while now, and I like to know my cars inside out.

Been puzzling me though as to which parts are interchangeable, for instance:

The driveshafts are the same as a 1.6 gti

The hubs are base level (1.1-1.4)

The air filter is from a 1.3 litre xv/w/y series suitcase engine (early 205s)

I now have a fatigue damaged downpipe due to tired engine mounts, and the 1.6 auto doesn't show up on many parts lists- it instantly assumes 1.6 gti spec which isn't necessarily correct

Basically what I'm asking is- is there a list somewhere of what fits the auto model as I have searched for ages and the above is what I have deduced, with the bit about the airbox being learnt due to putting my registration into the k&n website and being sent a gti filter.

Are the engine mounts the same as a gti? And where the f**k is the screenwash pump motor? Please don't tell me it's in the inner wing like it is on a saxo!

Please help if you can. Thanks!

welshpug

Washer pump is pretty visible, look for washer reservoir!

Left hand ft corner of engine bay behind headlamp.

Beam crossmember worth checking, most of the interior fixings and some trim, lighting.

Not a lot else really, its an xu5m iirc, which is usually listed separately to most xu engines and has many different parts unlike the very similar JA and JZ engines

dt_

Thanks for the reply- the engine is moving so much on its mounts that it hits the bulkhead when you accelerate harshly or climb big hills, was thinking of the baker bm mounts that people talk about on here (not bothered by vibration) and wondering if its safe to go ahead and get gti ones as there only seems to be tu series xs, and xu series 1.6/9 gti listed.

Don't suppose you would know where the washer pump motor would be on a tu engined one would you? A friend has just picked up a 1.1 with a dodgy motor

dt_

So what do we think, would 1.6 gti (engine related but not specifically engine internal) parts such as engine mounts, manifolds, down pipes etc fit? Really have tried searching but can't come up with a definite answer