• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dam205

Under Seal Removal

dam205

Right, ive removed most of the under seal from my 205 with a hot air gun, scraper and angle grinder. Problem is now im doing the rear of the car and with the beam removed its proving difficult to get into all the nooks and cranies. Anyone got any good ideas for removing the under seal from those hard to get places on the rear? By the way I know its easier to work on the car upside down but unfortunately im working underneath the car and cant flip it over!

Any advice would be greatly welcomed

Damon

Lan

remove the beam, 6 nuts + two brake pipes and two handbrake cables... easy

welshpug

Blasting will shift it, but not really a DIY option for most, so just more elbow grease really! Not sure if anything like Nitromors will touch it.

remove the beam, 6 nuts + two brake pipes and two handbrake cables... easy

reading fail...

Problem is now im doing the rear of the car and with the beam removed its proving difficult to get into all the nooks and cranies.

:P

Edited by welshpug
  • Like 1

Lan

Blasting will shift it, but not really a DIY option for most, so just more elbow grease really! Not sure if anything like Nitromors will touch it.

reading fail...

:P

massive FAIL, its been a long day 9-9:30pm slinging the spanners + beers now i'm finished... time for bed clearly!

mowflow

Unfortunately I'm just getting started on this job as well. I've tried heat gun and scrapers, flap wheels and twisted wire brushes on the grinder so far. There doesn't really seem to be any easy way of doing it unfortunately but if anyone knows of one (not blasting) then I'm all ears.

bigalthenutter

get the majority off then use a blow torch and just burn it off there is no easy way even blasting it wont realy work as it will eat through metal and bounce off the sealant where its thickest and it will destroy the zinc coating.