• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Universal Door Switch (Interior Light / Alarm)

ALEX

Broke one of mine fitting the alarm last night.
It was a bit rusty anyway so I was wondering if one of the universal ones off ebay would be just as good?

Item number: 370521297446

Item number: 140722392559

welshpug

they look fine, no idea if the dimensions are correct but I doubt they vary greatly.

I'd pop to a local breakers personally, you'll find them on pugs and citroens up to the early 2000's where the switches were integrated into the locks.

GLPoomobile

You would assume they'd be the same, but I remember when I got my first GTI years ago, I had to replace a corroded door switch. I bought one from a local motor factors, and when I fitted it the sliding pin inside was ever so slightly narrower than the hole in the pillar. The pin needs to be in contact with the shell to earth, so if it isn't a snug fit it can't earth. I bodged it at the time by wrapping a bit of tin foil around the pin to pad it out and fill the hole :lol:

chipstick

As Mei says, Many Pugs and Citroens have the same switch which earths with the head of the screw into the door shut.

Mine were corroded, so I replaced the pair with ones from a 306. Possibly have a spare or maybe a pair which I can offer if you start a wanted thread later on.

ALEX

Just order a pair.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Simes

306 ones are identical - got some for mine.

• Like 1

pugpete1108

I used universal ones on mine without issue