• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnhenry

Reverse Sensor; Different Connectors

johnhenry

Morning

My reverse sensor is looking pretty grim, a replacement got bought a while ago, only checked it yesterday evening

It has a different connector.

> The new sensor has a '2 pin junior timer'

Like this - http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=84307&do=findComment&comment=761302

> The current wiring takes the 'old' style 2 pin with a divider link through it

If i get a junior timer connector and wire that in, will that be okay?

do the wires have to be connected a certain way? or will it work when connected both ways round - i assume the latter as its just completing a circuit

Cheers

John

Tom Fenton

Before you touch the wiring I'd advise you to remove the old switch with the spade connectors from the gearbox then compare the physical dimensions with the new switch you have with the Junior timer plug, I think you will find them to be different, the spade type switch suits BE1 boxes, the Junior timer BE3 boxes, they are not interchangeable.

Anthony

I'm guessing that you've bought a BE3 reverse switch and you've a BE1 gearbox - as far as I'm aware, the sensors are not interchangeable

welshpug

BE1 switch body is 25mm long from mating face to tip, not including the plunger.