• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scott-205gti

1.6 Gti Creamy White Deposite In Oil Breather And Cap

scott-205gti

Hi i have a peugeot 205 gti that has just started collecting a creamy white substance in the oil breather and the oil breather cap i have checked the plugs and they seem ok i have ran the car up the road and reved it whilst its stood and there is no white smoke from the exhaust the car still has ample power and idles fine, the oil on the dipstick looks fine. Is this something to worry about or is it normal?

Wes

probably just condensation. does the car get used much? my old 8v's all did this, clean the creamy stuff off and take it for a good run.

scott-205gti

Thanks for the reply the car gets used once a week and does around 30 miles on this trip, the car has always had little use but has only recently developed this problem.

sensualt101

usually this points to head gasket failure but my 1.6 gti does this if used little! i as said above just clean everything take for a good run and recheck and its fine!

usually there is a guaze flame trap inside the filler cap ( part you pull off to top up oil with 2 breathers connected! ) but often that is missing too!

Batfink

Check oil in the sump and the coolant condition. If these are ok it's most likely condensation

scott-205gti

Thanks for all the replies, the oil looks ok and the guaze piece thats in the filler cap is really worn and could do with replacement? could this be one of the causes.