• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mattr5uk

205 1.6 Carbed Auto?

Mattr5uk

Would anyone know how similar a j reg 1.6 carbed head and block are to the 1.6 gti engine of same year as I've acquired a low mileage car?

welshpug

I would imagine it to be SPI rather than carb due to its age, but even then its the same head for both variants, which is different to the gti head, the block crank and rods are the same as a gti, and the exhaust manifoild afaik, but that's about it!

Mattr5uk

Definitely a carb it was a customers of mine had it for years and could never get the carb set right and being an auto made it even worse. A part from it being a non sun roof shell doesn't look like there's much else useable on it. Might use it as a base for a rotten Miami blue Ive got

Henry Yorke

This is why the auto bonnet was made for the carbed cars as you could not get all the pipes over the top of the engine without the bulge. This is also why GTI Autos and Gentrys never had this bonnet. :)

• Like 1

Henry Yorke

Here's a pic

008-4.jpg

• Like 2

Mattr5uk

It was an absolute pain to set up especially with the wax stat auto choke. Still it's a mint red non sunroof shell I'm sure ill find a use for it.......