• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesE

How To Remove Middle Gear Linkage?

JamesE

I'm a bit stuck. I've tried a search which suggests to use a 13mm/14mm spanner but I can't get the end next to the battery off. Any ideas? I don't have a pry bar...

I've managed to change the long section without too much hassle but have now bent the off side middle part end...

Any ideas?

Tom Fenton

If it is the one I am thinking of then you won't get it off with the spanner method as there is nothing to lever against. You do need a pry or crow bar really, there is a conveniently placed lug on the top of the gearbox to lever off.

JamesE

Thanks Tom, I managed to get it off by popping the other end back on (knowing that it had been off once).

For anyone who is a numpty like me looking to do this, if you can pop them off its quite easy. Most difficult part I found was putting the clips in on the new rods I got from Miles, as I had to completely remove them and once the bars are in place it's difficult to find the circlip holes

Edited by JamesE