• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
R5-al

Idle Control Valve

R5-al

Ive just bought a new idle control valve for my gti6 from gsf and im haveing some trouble fitting it. The problem is that when i fit it the car is idling at 4k and I cant seam to get it to drop. is there a certain procedure to fit one?? Ive tried searching but cant find anything.

Edited by R5-al

welshpug

have you remembered the o-ring?

try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.

R5-al

have you remembered the o-ring?

try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.

yes mate the 'o' ring is on ill leave the battery of over night and try again tomorrow. I've tried starting it wit it out and it don't move is that normal?

welshpug

no, it should move, if that is the case I would check the wiring.

R5-al

Ok will do thing is I've tried my old one out and that don't move.but my car idles fine cold and hot. but after a good thrash it starts to idle high I've cleaned it twice witch seams to help! I'm confused could it be my tps sensor

R5-al

Ice wired a odd in to my car but I can't get it to communicate with my mates reader (£1500 snap on one) so I think I've wired it in wrong dos anyone the correct way (defo working)so I can check mine

cheesegrater

The icv wiring should be standard no need to touch that aspect of the loom.

R5-al

Right ive put a meter on the icv plug today and on ignition (stage two)there are two wires with 5v and two are dead! when the car is started they all go dead, no power.ive changed the tps sensor and still nothing,arrrrrrr!! any ideas? also dose anyone know what I should see coming down the wires to the icv. Any help would be really appreciated as im pulling my hair out

R5-al

Right ive checked the continuity between the icv plug and the ecu and its fine also the tps and the map are good so the question is what else could be broke that would stop the icv from working ?? Could it be a dud ecu? Any thoughts