• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigalthenutter

Diesel 205 Europe Roadtrip Car Bonkers Project

bigalthenutter

I bought myself a diesel 205 to go round Europe in next year. there are quite a few of my friends and possibly a few forum members coming too. I thought id pop up a thread on my slow modification progress to add some "unique" mods to make it comfortable and user friendly for the trip. :) in other words totally bonkers. most of you will probably hate what im going to do to it but quite frankly I don't care. that's the whole point of it its meant to be crazy !

I want people to point out things they hate about their 205 little niggles that bug you and suggest ideas to improve these in the crudest way possible ! ie lack of cup holders

IDEAS PEOPLE THE BONKERS THE BETTER !! :blink:

oh almost forgot its a boggo 1.8d with pas and leccy windows

bigalthenutter

i have a set of 306 wheels to go on, think im going to paint them orange. And i have the cambelt to do as there is no record of this being done. Its had a new starter motor and heater plugs so no starting issues. Im going to check pads discs and brake lines toopost-23364-0-30525000-1371028921_thumb.jpg

post-23364-0-46641800-1371029162_thumb.jpg

welshpug

needs a turbo and a longer gearbox :D

• Like 1

bigalthenutter

longer gearbox ? Longer ratio ?

welshpug

yes.

stick to the 14/13" wheel btw, more MPG :D

bigalthenutter

a be3 box ? to be honest im not bothered for mpg i can get full sets of michelin exalto 15s with 7 mm tread for 80 pound. Ive been told i cant turbo it because of high compression ?

Lan

orange isn't bonkers, fluorescent pink ftw! are people coming in your car or there own? fit a bed if your riding solo, some sort of food tray and cupholder could be a winner, retrofit heated seat, reasonable stereo and speakers, make the heater blower.. work, later twin washer jets if not already fitted, if its 3dr with pop open windows make sure there waterproof, silly liveries ala top gear "larsens biscuits" "Peniston Oils" "Merde Du Fromage" etc...

bigalthenutter

the orange i have is fairly bonkers it day glo dyno rod orange! The heater works the previous owner wired in a huge overide switch ! I have some spax struts to get rid of that awfull arch gap, and some spot lights for the night driving.

m_attt

drop in a 205 turbo diesel engine, then up the fuel pump and boost pressure. it makes such a difference more drivable and keeps up easily with modern cars. especially the distance your planning.

Weser

1.9 gti front sub frame and running gear and turbo diesel engine. Best upgrades I did to my old 205d. it will make your trip through the mountains so much more enjoyable!

ORB

2.7 V6 diesel from a Disco/Jag//Coupe

bigalthenutter

any one got a td engine ! ? Lol

bigalthenutter

ive fitted a more comfortable momo wheel and my orange wheels post-23364-0-94309900-1371806872_thumb.jpgpost-23364-0-88105700-1371806983_thumb.jpgpost-23364-0-97915900-1371807114_thumb.jpg

GLPoomobile

A couple of people mentioned recently that using a spare shoe works quite nicely as a cup holder, so go one step further a glue a shoe to your dashboard in the middle. That will look coooooooooool.

Davy

I was going to suggest taking a bit of time and sound deaden door skins and rear quarters, but as we're budgeting for odd shoe cup holders, and going for the bonkers look, then pack a bag of cotton wool balls for the ear holes! Then the roadnoise and sqeaks will just be dull road noise and slightly quiter squeaks! ;)

bigalthenutter

to be fair the car drives really well with no rattles or bangs except the noisy xud lump in it :) im undecided on what to do with the exhaust. Side exit or rear lol. And glpoomobile i cant stick it in the middle of the dash thatr where my ocsilating fan is going ;)

MikeM

Don't lower it, raise it up!

One of those cheap universal spoilers would look just great.....

Guest Spitfire2k6

This looks like it'll be a fun one!

Looks just like mine is it the mardi gras 1.8?

bigalthenutter

not mardi gras just a standard 1.8 on the logbook but it has pas and leccy windows.

GLPoomobile

And glpoomobile i cant stick it in the middle of the dash thatr where my ocsilating fan is going ;)

Come on lad, where's yer ingenuity? Attach the fan to the shoe and make it all-in-one ;) And it doesn't have to be a whole shoe. Cut it in half!

Edited by GLPoomobile
  • Like 1

omega

any one got a td engine ! ? Lol

yes

do you want to buy it

muddatrucker

Why have a cup holder when you can take out the passenger seat and install a coffee table?

• Like 2

GLPoomobile

/\ Now that is the type of thinking that once made Britain great :D

And what would one put upon such a fancy passenger side coffee table? Why, a coffee maker of course ;) Or perhaps go for a good old fashioned Teas Maid (Tea's Made?) like your Nanna used to have, if you want to keep to the slightly silly and naff theme permeating this thread :lol: