• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NFS

Windscreens

NFS

Hi, are the 205 gti windscreen different from a normal 205? ie will any 205 windscreen fit my gti?

welshpug

they will all fit, but a gti has the bronze tint, and there's a sunroof and non sunroof type seal as wlel, use the original if needs be.

NFS

Yeah i have the sun roof seal, but i sacificaed the windscreen to get the seal out intact, now i need to find one which is proving very hard to come by lol

AlexRS2782

I recently had my windscreen replaced and the independent company that did mine managed to source a brand new Pilkington o.e spec bronze tint screen for my GTI within 24 hours :)

I'd also enquired with National Windscreens and even they said they could get the same Pilkington screen to me within 48 hours of ordering :)

Not that expensive either tbh - I paid circa £120 supplied & fitted (inc vat) - I think the screen was only circa £45-£50 of that total price tbh :)

mowflow

Good to know. I've got a big chip in my screen and the seal appears to leak something awful. I read another post where several people replaced the seal only to have the screen crack. Someone said that this is common with an old screen and a new seal so I'd rather just replace both.